Sunday, November 30, 2008

A Little Story

This is the shirt that Aaron loves.

It is his lucky interview shirt. He can't wear another shirt. He would have a terrible interview if he wore another shirt. He would stumble all over himself and insult the interviewer IF he wore a different shirt. This shirt does not go down the laundry chute. It may get dirty on the way down the laundry chute. This shirt is very special.


This is what I looked like when I realized that I had accidentally made a terrible dark blue streak across the collar of the shirt that Aaron loves the night before his interview.


These are the chemicals I used to scrub the shirt that Aaron loves after I accidentally made a terrible dark blue streak across the collar of the shirt the night before his interview.
This is the pillow I gratefully collapsed into after the shirt that Aaron loves was finally clean and laundered after I accidentally made a terrible dark blue streak across the collar of the shirt the night before his interview.


This is the child who woke me up exactly 30 seconds later because he was scared and needed his Mom even though it was 2 in the morning and she had been up half the night cleaning the shirt that Aaron loves that accidentally got a dark blue stain on it the night before Aaron's interview.


This is the shirt that Aaron loves.
I don't like this shirt.

14 comments:

Lindsay said...

Try the spray n wash with oxyclean next time. I've never not gotten anything out with it. It truly is amazing stuff!

Rachel said...

That was an awesome post Rachelle! And way to go on getting that stain out! I will know who to bug the next time I do something like that!

Rachel said...

That is so funny!! You are hilarious! And you have a laundry chute!? No way? How fun!

Emily said...

All I can say is you are a good wife. I think I would have just said, Sorry Sweetheart, find a new shirt.
Thanks for a good laugh.

Cameron/Melissa said...

This is a great post. Maybe you should make it in to a children's book... or a picture book for adults (not an "adult" book.)

The Goodrich's said...

Wow, you should get an award for that! Especially since you've been sick. That was a great post, hope you're feeling better soon!

Kim and Ken Carlile said...

Way to go. Don't you hate that dreadful feeling when something has gone terribly wrong...I'm glad that it all worked out though. Good luck Aaron!

Michelle said...

HILARIOUS girl...you crack me up! You are one good wife! good luck to Aaron!

Anonymous said...

Clever. Cute. Witty.

I enjoyed the good laugh (so did Adam)... but mostly because I would have done the exact same thing is your situation!!! Gotta keep those hubby's happy. Hope Aaron's interview went well.

kaelene said...

Way to go superwoman! Congratulations on getting the stain out by two o'clock in the morning, and still having the energy and patience to calm Andrew down in his time of need! I stress again, you are SUPERWOMAN! I hope the interview went well for Aaron, let us know how it went!

Jaime said...

you are so funny. I love it. I'm so glad the streak came out and good luck to Aaron

Abs said...

Clever story! I mostly have to comment about the dogs barking jingle bells song playing on your blog. It totally reminds me of my childhood. Thanks for the walk down memory lane. It's been way to long since I've heard it.

Jill said...

Oh, I was laughing so hard while I was reading this!

Jacqueline Auna and family said...

Wow, Rachelle! What a great wife and mom you are. I love the way you wrote this!