Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Winter Wonderland

I'm not sure I was prepared for a snowstorm of this magnitude quite yet. Freezing cold winters in Utah can be daunting. But even the worst critic will admit that there is something magical about waking up to find that the world has changed while you were sleeping.

I don't know where we will be living by this time next year... or the following year, but I hope to be in a place where I can watch the seasons change. Because if not I know I would miss....

Cuddling up in bed together and watching the snow fall. Bundling the kids up in their snow gear.... Watching them play in the snow..... catching snowflakes on their tongues and making snow angels.
Warming them up afterward with big fluffly blankets and drinking hot chocolate.....

As long as I can stay warm and cozy inside... I think I love the snow.... atleast for awhile.



8 comments:

The Goodrich's said...

That looks great! Unfortunately, today was the only day I had a car, so we were out taking care of all our errands. Ugh. I agree with you on the seasons-I love Utah seasons, even the snow!

The Goodrich's said...

Oh yah, did I ever tell you thanks for the coats and the boots? It took Molly a little while to warm up to the boots but she's been wearing them all day!

Michelle said...

holy cow! snow! it's been too long! I can't wait to be there for Christmas!

Lawson Family said...

I feel the same way...until the snow lasts unti April! =) I'm actually nervous for this winter living in a warmer state for four years made me a softy!

melanie33 said...

that is so good that you love it. love it lots for me because i have zero affection for the evil white stuff!

Wright's said...

I love that you took a picture from your bedroom. That is something I will always miss waking up and looking out the french doors to snow covered trees. It is amazing. Your kido's looked so cute yesturday all bundled up.

Kim and Ken Carlile said...

That coat of Lizzy's is awesome! I love it. I really miss the snow sometimes. Snow here (if it sticks, which is not often) never lasts more than a day...and people go crazy.

Brandi Schall said...

Now you've found me, you know all my secrets. Well, not that they're secrets since they're all on my blog. Heh. I'm glad you took it upon yourself and found me, I kept meaning to email you the blog address.

Call me about watching your kids Saturday!