"Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today and creates a vision for tomorrow." — Melody Beattie
I met my husband in highschool. It was a crush in the beginning. I thought he was cute... he thought I was easy to talk to. (Or simply that I made it easy for him to listen and not have to talk much.) We went to dances, watched movies together, studied for classes together and I felt good being around him. Fast forward through 2 more years of highschool, college, a mission, most of medical school, nearly 7 years of marriage and 2 children. This guy that sat one row over and two seats in front of me in English class has become a solid rock in my life. Our times together have been full of joy, romance, absolute bliss and also confusion, pain, struggle and hardship. And through it all... he has been there. Like breathing, I hardly think about his presence in my life anymore. He's just there.... keeping the oxygen moving through my body so that I can think and move and live. But today, when I take a moment to consider what I am truly grateful for.... he is right up there at the top of the list. I know this may be hard to believe but - he really loves me. Even though I "Dear Johned" him on his mission. Even though I disagree with him on many things. Even though I forget 9 times out of 10 to make him a lunch. Even though I can nag and argue with the best of them.... he loves me for exactly who I am. And that.... is the best gift anyone can receive.
So to summarize day one of my Grateful Heart project: I'm thankful for my husband.
8 comments:
That's such a sweet post to your hubby! Husbands are so great! I told Danny who you married and he definitely remembers Aaron Brown. Hopefully someday this med school stuff will end and you'll be able to tell him hi for us, haha. :)
What a sweet and beautiful tribute to Aaron! As I read your post I kept saying to myself, "Yeah!..Hey yeah!...Yeah!...that's exactly how I feel about Jordan!"...I just would never be able to write it as elequently as you!:-) So now I think it's high time you compile all of your posts and publish a book simply entitled, "A Blessed Life". I will be your editor and we can hold a book signing in our tree house!;-) Seriously though, that was truly an amazing post.
That was beautiful!
you're the sweetest wife. you made me just love my husband a little more. Your post really brought a smile to my face.
There was something special about you two even back in high school. Even when you guys went back to being "just friends" I knew it wouldn't last! And you have such a great way of writing it all down.
I'm glad for all the memories of the yours and Aaron's courtship and relationship. He is a great catch! I miss you both!
That was beautifully put. May I also add that you guys have always been very mature in your relationship. I always admired that you guys seemed to understanding timing. I don't know if that makes sense but I know all too well that being too serious too soon typically ends up as nothing. You guys were able to be there for each other without missing out on other parts of life. Congrats on such a happy, well lived relationship!
Thanks for that beautiful post. I love your grateful heart project. You inspire me and so many others. Thanks for setting such a great example, and reminding me just how grateful I am for so many things in my life, especially my husband. Thanks Rachelle!
Post a Comment