"I don't know." I said. "I was thinking about something funny."
"Well" he responded, "don't smile when you're all alone... it makes you look like you're crazy."
Maybe that was good advice.... but then again maybe I am CRAZY, because I still sometimes find myself with a big goofy grin.... even when I'm alone.
This is what made me smile today:
All of these library books I'd requested came in at once and I got to pick up a ginormous stack of books. And a large stack of books just gives me a warm happy feeling inside. Just seeing them sit on my bookshelf makes me smile.

Beef jerky makes me smile. I have some downstairs that I could go eat right now if I wanted to. Oh... my mouth is watering... and smiling.
So.... What makes you smile?
5 comments:
I'm with you. A new pile of books from the library always puts a smile on my face. Reading 'Breaking Dawn' made me smile. 'Slippery Slides and Piggyback Rides' is also a good one.
:)
I love this post! Even when I'm alone, I find myself with a big smile on my face when I'm listening to really great music. Of course there are also the sweet hugs and "your the best mom in the world" sentiments from my kids that make me smile, along with looking at pictures of fun memories.
Rachelle you are so cute! I must admit that I have done similar things...but when you are happy enough to smile when you are by yourself, who cares how crazy we look!! I love the examples you gave of why you smile!
I smile when I see my little girl smiling or when I think of her smiling and happy. (yeah that's right now) Thanks for reminding us to all smile a little more.
Potty training...that makes me cringe but I'm glad you're enjoying it, haha. I *love* getting library books on hold! Have fun with them!!
Post a Comment