Wednesday, November 12, 2008

One Year Older

On my birthday I woke up to the smell of sizzling bacon. I love the smell of sizzling bacon. Even more, though, I love the man who was exausted, having arrived late that night from an interview in Michigan and had an early morning of work ahead and still woke up even earlier to make me breakfast on my birthday. What more could I ask for? Nothing. I was fully satisfied.

And then... there was one more thing to make the day unforgettable.


Thanks Mom and Nancy. I can't wait to learn how to use this thing. My list of projects is already ridiculously long. What fun!!!

8 comments:

Brandi Schall said...

So here we are going on and on about Heather's birthday present and I don't realize it's your birthday! Happy Birthday Rachelle!

Can you sew? Can you teach me? I have my own machine. I can do nothing. I can hem... sort of.

Kim and Ken Carlile said...

What a great present! I'm glad you had a good birthday and, yum, now I'm craving bacon!!!
I'm still waiting for the call that Aaron is interviewing out here in NC!!!

Elaine said...

Happy Birthday!!!

Eric said...

Happy Birthday, Chelle!! Hope it was a good one.

eric

Carolyn Hanson said...

Happy Birthday. Love the sewing machine and I can't wait to hear your rank list. :) (Or at least where you're going next year.:)

Michelle said...

happy birthday girl! what a sweet husband! (mine would NEVER get up and make me breakfast). I hope you had a great birthday. We miss you out here and love you lots!

Rachel said...

Oh wow! And I found your blog, on your birthday too! Happy Birthday!! Yea for a sewing machine!!

Jacqueline Auna and family said...

Happy Birthday, Rachelle! I think you're amazing and that you've had a pretty awesome life too! What a thoughtful husband, and fun present! I can't wait to see what you create!