Sunday, June 8, 2008

My Stubborn Independent Girl


A few weeks ago some friends from our previous ward (and the one we will be returning to) emailed and asked if Lizzy wanted to play soccer this year on their soccer team. I thought it sounded like a great idea and after I asked Aaron we decided to do it. Only problem....we had to get Lizzy to accept the idea. Lizzy is amazingly independent for a 4 year old and hesitant to try new things. She has her own ideas and just as I feared...she said "No!" Aaron and I consider it our personal duty however to force Lizzy to do things that she doesn't like...until she realizes that she likes them. Like the time, for example, that I practically force fed Lizzy some jello. (Perhaps not exactly brilliant...but it was a matter of principle!) She refused to taste it because it looks wierd (it wiggles you know!!). She loves Jello now by the way. So we played it up big and told her that she could wear her special soccer clothes and we headed outside to try it. Lizzy loved it. She giggled and chased Aaron and even made a few goals. She can't wait for soccer to start in the fall.
Taking a little breather!!

Team photo.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What a sweatheart! You have such a cute little girl (and boy too)

The Goodrich's said...

I love love love soccer! Lizzy will love it too-that will be so fun! I can't wait until Molly is old enough to play (well, I can wait-I'm just really excited)!

Lawson Family said...

Our girls are so alike! We signed Brightynn up for soccer this spring...totally excited,practice in the backyard, tried on her soccer clothes...and then her game came. Stood still. The entire time! I hope you have better luck!