Thursday, May 8, 2008

Lucky Girl (that's me)!!


I'm a lucky girl because I have a wonderful husband. Aaron was out of town a few weeks ago at a conference. When he returned home, he brought me this book for no reason at all. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it. It's called America, a Photographic Journey. It's a collection of picture across America. (Sorry - pictures of pictures don't really look that great.)It is awesome because we have been able to visit a lot of the places that are featured here. It includes Washington DC, Gettysburg, Amish country, Historical Philadelphia, Yellowstone, the Grand Canyon and many more.

I love looking through it and planning other cool places that I want to visit someday. I've always been slightly obsessed with Maine. I'm not sure why. It's probably the lighthouse thing.... lighthouses just seem very romantic to me. Although not in America, I also have a little obsession with Prince Edward Island, which of course stems from my love of Anne of Green Gables. I hope to make it to both of those places someday. I'm so glad that Aaron likes to travel too. We're going to have a blast during retirement. Thank you Aaron... you are wonderful!!! So, where have you always wanted to visit?? What trips do you have on your "someday" list?

7 comments:

The Goodrich's said...

How funny that you named those two places! In 6th grade, we all had to stand up and tell somewhere we wanted to visit. I said either Maine or Price Edward Island! Everyone thought I was so wierd to say that! That book looks really cool-I love looking at pictures like that!

Unknown said...

Asia tops my "somewhere, someday" list. Russia's on Jed's

Lawson Family said...

Pretty much any where. I've had very limited travel experiences. I would love to go to NY if we're talking the US and then some tropical island I would be pretty happy with!

Lawson Family said...

Pretty much any where. I've had very limited travel experiences. I would love to go to NY if we're talking the US and then some tropical island I would be pretty happy with!

Elaine said...

Fun book! I love to travel and I've also always wanted to go to Maine. I've been all over the U.S., but haven't made it there yet. I also really want to go to Paris, London, Amsterdam, Austria, the Bahamas, the Great Wall of China...okay, so basically it is my goal to travel the world before I die!

Abs said...

I really love the beauty and graduer of America. What a nice thoughtful husband you have! I with you on visiting P.E.I. I too have a love of Anne of Green Gables books. In fact I was just rereading The Story Girl by L.M. Montgomery. If you have never read it, you really should.

The Nelson Family Smorgasbord said...

I think we all must have the same Travel Log Blueprint! I do feel fortunate to have been to Maine for EFY and it is gorgeous!! Many of the counselors and youth there lived on or near Prince Edward Island. I remember them saying they would go deep sea fishing and whale watching for their youth activites...how cool is that! One of the directors said Prince Edward Island is famous for their lobster and their pototoes...who would have known! I just want to go to Green Gables! :-) "I don't want sunbursts or marble halls...I just want you!" Ha!Ha! If only I had a nickle for every time I've watched that ending! They say Green Gables has become pretty commercialized over the years, but is still a wonderful place to visit!
That looks like a wonderful book!