Thursday, May 1, 2008

I made a pie


I like to cook and I have a lot of fun trying new recipes, but I have never been a big dessert person. (Don't get me wrong I am a big dessert EATER, just not a big dessert cooker.) I always feel like it's enough to get dinner on the table and I usually don't mess with dessert. But a recent post from Tiana on our cooking blog inspired me to try a Rhubarb Pie. I'm kind of proud of my very first 100% homemade pie. If you are inspired too...click here for the recipe. I didn't put on a picture of the individual slice like Tiana did because I can't get my slices to come out quite so nicely. It was delish.

8 comments:

Tiana said...

Yeah! I am glad it turned out. Well done!!

Emily said...

ooo, that does look delicious!!! Good Work, I am impressed!

The Nelson Family Smorgasbord said...

Yum, Rachelle! Way to be such a Domestic Dessert Diva! I usually go as far as cookies (and I'm a pro at those, as you know!) and occasionally I'll whip up something new, but I've only made a pie once in my life! It looks delicious! The Burke's grow rhubarb and always bring it fresh over to my mom so that SHE can make a pie for THEM! :-) Did you know they're on a mission now? Awesome, huh!

The Goodrich's said...

Wow, I'm impressed. I'm like you and don't make dessert very often so I'll have to try it out. Except I'm not even sure what rhubarb is and I know I've never tasted it!

Rachel said...

Way to go! I have yet to try making a pastry type pie yet...the crust scares me. I am impressed!

Lawson Family said...

Good for you! Yummy rhubarb pie. You did have ice cream with it, right? =)

Matt and Camille Tanner said...

Way to go Chelle. I like to make desserts. I am always trying out something new on Matt. The problem is, I don't really enjoy eating them, so he usually gets stuck eating them alone, good or bad.

Kim and Ken Carlile said...

Yum....why couldn't you try desserts when you lived with me????