I feel like this is kind of a silly thing to blog about but I'm really excited about it and wanted others to know that they can do this. This is my memory book that I created at blurb.com I called my book "O Remember Remember" in reference to Elder Eyrings talk given last November. This book was so fun to make and ended up costing $17 including shipping. It is 80 pages long. There were a lot of fun layouts and receiving it in the mail today was so exciting. I think this is a great way to keep a journal and remember the meaningful experiences I have had. This one was compiled from my church journal that I've kept on the computer for the last 3 years and next I will work on putting my blog into a book. Yeah for technology that makes it possible for me publish my very own book.

11 comments:
AWESOME!!! I am so way into printing up my own books. Way to go - it looks great!!! What's the cover made out of? Is it softbound?
I just love this!!! I think that is so cool! I want to see yours in person when you get home! What a wonderful keepsake!
I've been thinking more about your book and how neat it is that you put Pres. Eyring's challenge into action. I remember that I tried to daily write down evidences of the Lord's hand in my life but it didn't last very long. How do you keep your journal? Any tips?
What an awesome thing. I have made a couple of books using a similar service, but nothing like this. A wedding book, a year in review book, and I think this is such a great idea to put your gratitude journal into a book. I am sure you will look at it often, and so will your children.
Truely a Treasure, and thank you for the idea. You are so amazing.
That is great. It looks beautiful. I've heard of several people utilizing these online services, but none like this...really cool.
That is so cool. I can't believe how good it looks. I love scrapbooking but I have been thinking that I would like to journal a little more too. What an excellent way to do both. And it was cheap too!
I went to blurb.com and have a couple of questions. Are you happy with the print quality and overall book construction? Did you have the option to upload your own designs (a full page jpeg) or did you have to use a template? thanx!
That looks great Rachelle. That is one reason I started a blog-so I could eventually make it into a book. I also got motivated and started a journal blog that only I have the password for. It's great!
I downloaded the blurb stuff after your last post and I must say, seeing yours may just be what I need to kick my butt into gear and get it done! I love your book! What an awesome keepsake! Way to go!!
Okay, now this is great news. I am also curious about the print quality. They have all of these home parties for Creative Memories, or Heritage (can't remember exactly), but the price is pretty outrageous. I will definetly have to check this out. Thanks!
I like your new header, too.
I thought the print quality was fantastic. Several of you mentioned other programs. I'm interested in what they were and how you have fared with them.
Post a Comment