Aaron and I are wondering why we didn't do this a long time ago. On Saturday, we dropped the kids off at the Harrisons (thank you Harrisons!!) and headed to Georgetown. We rented a double kayak and enjoyed a wonderful morning paddling around the Potomac. Our kayak had a small hole in it and by the time we had paddled for about 45 minutes...it was pretty full of water. We stopped at this small little island thing to dump out our kayak. We decided to stay on the rocks and eat our lunch.
As I climbed over a large log to find a better place to sit I heard a hiss. I thought it was a snake and it startled me. When I found the source of the sound, however, it was actually a goose.... a not too happy goose. She was sitting on a nest of eggs and wasn't too happy to have us barge in. She was standing up and hissing more aggressively and I didn't want to get my eyes pecked out by an angry goose. I fell over and scraped up my legs in my effort to get away. Besides this small incident, we had a wonderful time.
As I climbed over a large log to find a better place to sit I heard a hiss. I thought it was a snake and it startled me. When I found the source of the sound, however, it was actually a goose.... a not too happy goose. She was sitting on a nest of eggs and wasn't too happy to have us barge in. She was standing up and hissing more aggressively and I didn't want to get my eyes pecked out by an angry goose. I fell over and scraped up my legs in my effort to get away. Besides this small incident, we had a wonderful time.
The Potomac is beautiful and lined with trees so thick that you can't even tell that there are busy streets on both sides. There is something so calming about nature. My friend recently loaned me a book called "Last Child in the Woods". I like a thought on the first page, "Unlike television, nature does not steal time; it amplifies it." I agree. I always feel calmer, happier and more connected to God after spending time amidst His creations.
9 comments:
Oh, that looks like it was so much fun for you two! It's so beautiful. I love the goose story and that Aaron went back to get a picture. Always the gentleman! :)
what a fun little outing! You two are so much fun. I am so sad you're moving!
Ahh, Rachelle! I feel like you guys are living a dream! It makes me want to go out and see what our beautiful Utah has to offer! Nothing beats back East though! Hey, did you know that Debbie Rudd is dating Jerome Hershey!!! Can you believe that!
That looks like fun and what a treat that it was just you and Aaron. Kids are great, but a break every now and then is wonderful! I'm jealous that you guys are getting to see some of the sites.
That sounds like so much fun! When are you guys headed back to UT? I am coming up for a visit before you leave, for sure!
Nice to see the Browns are still alive and well and enjoying life back east. I got your email, Rachelle, but figured this would be a better way to keep in touch. Follow the path to our blog and feel free to link to it.
Hi Rachelle,
I saw your name on the school website and had to check out your blog. That is a favorite of mine. Peeping in to people's lives. I think I almost enjoy reading people's blogs more than reading novels. I guess they are the great American novels of the 21st century. It was fun to read your blog. I think it is funny to read about people from high school because they seem to be more like me than the people I hang out with every day. Why is that?
I have to say I am very proud of Aaron for being that far along in Medical school and props to you for being a good wife through that.
Anyways I thought it was interesting because we both are Brown's now. And we both married guys we have liked since high school.
Good luck in Maryland
Melissa (Putnam) Brown
Looks like so muchn fun. I'm glad you get to do so many things out there.
What a neat experience it is for you to live back East. I am so glad that you guys have had that opportunity.
Post a Comment