Lizzy and Andrew dancing in front of the Washington Monument.
I have had my parents and brother in town for the past week and I feel like I have been on vacation. It was so much fun, but now I have a lot of catch up to do. Although my house is a mess and laundry is piled high, first things first, I am catching up on the blog. I know...I am pathetic. Two weeks ago we attended the Kite Flying Festival in Washington DC. It was at the beginning of the cherry blossom festival. It turned out to be a chilly day....but it was worth the cold because hundreds of kites in the sky was quite a site. The favorite (at least of the kids) was this giant shark kite. The owner had trouble getting it up for more than a few minutes at a time.
Isn't this a great picture?? Andrew and Lizzy look like we are torturing them. It wasn't that cold. Honest!!
Andrew chowing down!!
Since then it has warmed up quite a bit. So much in fact that the kids have decided that we need another trip to the beach. They have spent the morning playing beach. Here they are soaking up some sun on the living room floor.
3 comments:
Oh how much fun! It is always great when family comes into town, because you get to sight-see with them, and what a great time it looks like you had! And I am jealous you are somewhat close to a beach. I think I could live next to a beach and NEVER get tired of it. For now, our sandbox and kiddie pool will have to do! Your kids are adorable!
I love the pictures of Lizzy and Andrew in their swimming suits! So cute! So glad your family was in town!
You guys always have great outings around DC. It looks like so much fun!
Post a Comment