Monday, April 21, 2008

Beauty All Around


The cherry blossom festival ended about a week ago. It is quite an amazing spectacle that comes and is gone 2 weeks later. Our good friend and neighbor Chris took Aaron and I, as well as my parents and brother to a neighborhood called Kenwood that is kind of a hidden treasure during the cherry blossom festival. As we turned the corner and began looking up and down these streets....it took our breath away. It looks like a winter wonderland...only in the spring. The only thing Chris said is...."I don't know how anyone can see this and not believe there is a God." I agree....evidence is everywhere.


This is my brother, Brett. I'm so glad that he could come visit last week. We had a ton of fun together. Brett is one of those completely unassuming people. He just did whatever needed doing and didn't even mind that we had to stick him on the couch to sleep. Thanks for the visit Brett.

I'm putting this picture on for the benefit of my family. This is a picture of the tidal basin only 9 days after you were there. It was entirely pink last week and this week is green as can be. I think it's amazing to see how quickly the entire landscape of DC changed.

9 comments:

Jaime said...

That is beautiful. It's good to see a picture of Brett. He's such a good guy. And I can't believe Lizzy is startig to read. Good job.

Emily said...

Please tell Brett hello for me! And my breath was taken away just looking at the beautiful pictures--truth, spring is a reminder of our magnificent Creator, and how blessed we are to have it surrounding us if we just take the time to look at it...

Tiana said...

Beautiful pictures. We've lived here 4 years now and still have never gone to Kenwood, just the tidal basin. Maybe next year. I kept forgetting to ask you..Your brother Brett looks so familiar, did he go to USU too? I have a feeling I have seen him around the institute building or something.

Kates said...

I wish that we could come and visit during that time of the year. I think we will be the only one's of Tyler's family that haven't been out to the D.C. area since his brother has been living there. We've seen lots of beautiful pictures and every time I see more I just hope that someday we can see those beautiful sights. Lucky you!

Rachel said...

I have always wanted to visit DC when the cherry blossoms are out. They are my favorite and I have heard that pictures don't even do justice to seeing them in person. But your pictures are great and as close as I have gotten to them...one day I'll get there! It is on my list of things to do before I die! So thank you for sharing!!

Kim and Ken Carlile said...

I've lived so close to DC for almost 7 years now and have never seen the cherry blossoms. That is a tragedy, isn't it? Maybe next year! It is beautiful, and that is a lot of fun to have Brett come!

Wright's said...

I love the cherry blossoms. I've seen them a couple of times. Amazing. Sorry I haven't posted on your cooking blog, things have been crazy here.

Jill said...

It's good to see a pic of your brother! You must be semi close to my sister in law. She lives in Philly and went to this as well. It is absolutely beautiful!

Lindsay said...

Love the east coast in the spring. Great pics. I'm glad Brett got to out there. I bet that was awesome.