Please tell me that I am not the only one who has to sneak around at night, finding my kids "treasures" and tossing them out while they sleep. I feel kind of guilty writing that, but really there has to be a line somewhere. We have found however, that taking a picture makes it easier for the kids to be able to let go. So here are a few of our most treasured possessions from the last week.
A very old and nasty toothbrush.
A napkin scrap with a small note. Since I write a napkin note almost everday, I did determine that she could not keep them ALL.
A cockroach that we trapped in a mason jar. Honestly Andrew cried and cried when I tried to flush it down the toilet. I don't know how one can possibly get attached to a cockroach, but I guess it is possible.
And now for a picture of my real treasures. I'm posting this for my Mom who wanted to know what I put on the wall in my kitchen/dining area.
Mom, since I did this for you, it does necessitate that you leave me a comment. :) ha ha.

6 comments:
I Love Treasures! What a great idea! Thanks for sharing! Also really love your picture of your real treasures! Don't think that I would ever consider a cockroach as a treasure! Those things are nasty!
Here is a tip: when you get caught having thrown out one of the treasures, just blame it on dad. You can say he just didn't know better while shaking your head disapprovingly.... works every time!
I do the same thing at night with our treasures!!! Only I have to make sure to take them directly to the garbage can outside or they find them the next day....a mistake Tyler often makes!
We've got pictures of the boys most treasured blankets as they have been "loved to death." Every now and then, one of those pictures will flash by on the computer, and the boys will reminisce!
And, I love your picture wall. That looks wonderful!
LOve your wall! Wish I could be there and see it for myself. Love you all, and really, really miss having you close by.
that is so funny. the cock roach is so disgusting, and the picture wall looks great!
Post a Comment