Yesterday was Mama Day. That's when Lizzy and I get to spend a special afternoon together, doing the girliest stuff that we could think of.
(We were hugely disappointed that we couldn't find some that were more lacy and/or sparkly... but you take what you can get.)
Mama day is also a special time to talk about "stuff" that you don't talk about everyday. Like how Mom and Dad met and what's a "teenager" and what makes you happy and what do you worry about? I only hope that Mama day will still be cool in 10 years. 'Cause I love 'em. Lots.
12 comments:
Fun!! I want to have a Mama Day with my mom, too bad she lives so far away!
That looks like fun. Something that I should start doing. Justin took Molly on a daddy/daughter date yesterday, but I never think of doing that with Molly.
What a GREAT tradition! I bet in 10 years, you'll be glad you started it so early.
Oh my goodness, CUUUUUUUUUUUTE!!! What a fun mom you are!!!
That's a great idea! How often do you have mama day? Is it a set once a month / twice a year thing or how does that work? I clicked to get other comments, so I'd love a reply.
We don't have any set thing. I used to be better about doing it regularly before Aaron's schedule got so out of control. I probably haven't done it for a year... but I'm trying harder to do something special with each kid. I'm shooting for once every few months. Now that Lizzy is older... she'll help us remember more. She's already got the next one planned. :)
That's way cool! I'm excited to implement mama day with my kids (and also a daddy day). You really are a fantastic mother!
I love this idea. You are such a good Mom, Rachelle. Really.
Oh, that Lizzy is an absolute angel face, Rachelle! You can just tell from her pictures that she is one special little girl.
That is so cute and such a great idea. You are a great mom Rachelle.
How fun to have a little girl! Until I get to have one, (or my boys get married!) I will have to restart the tradition with my momma. Thanks for the good reminder. Hope you are doing well!
You are an AMAZING Mom Rachelle! I admire you alot! :)
Post a Comment