Saturday, February 7, 2009

They're Always Listening

Do you ever talk about your kids in front of them? Kind of over their heads... assuming they won't understand or aren't paying attention?


Andrew's birthday is coming up and we've been talking about it quite a bit. I've talked about what he's getting but then have always explained to the other listener... "Don't worry... he's not paying attention."


Today at the grocery store with Lizzy and Andrew I said, "Okay we need to get one more thing for Andrew and then we're done." Assuming I was talking about Andrew's birthday... Lizzy quickly shushed me. Andrew reassured as all though, "Don't worry Mom... I'm not having attention."

3 comments:

Kim and Ken Carlile said...

I am always surprised at what kids pick up and how much they understand!

Mamu Lou said...

That's hilarious. We did the same thing over Caleb's b-day and Christmas and quickly learned the same lesson. They hear more than you think! Long gone are the days of shopping for Caleb with Caleb!

Unknown said...

That's hilarious! I love Andrewx