Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Kids Say the Darndest Things


Most adults are fairly tactful. For example when I ask Aaron...he will tell me... Oh Rachelle don't worry... nobody will even notice those incredibly huge new zits on your face. I appreciate this. Kids, however, are more honest. They really tell it like it is. Here is a picture that Lizzy recently drew of me. I shouldn't have asked...because I already knew, but I did anyway.

Me: "What are those red things Lizzy?"

Lizzy: "Those are your owies."
Ouch!! Thank goodness for make-up!!
I was talking about this to another friend and she told me the less than flattering thing her toddler said to her - so I guess it's just life. It makes me laugh. I'd rather have her be honest with me than say such things to a stranger. (For example when she said about a wrinkly man that we just finished talking to...."he looked like a raisin.") It's true though.... kids say the darndest things!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tami had a similar experience while babysitting during her teenager years. After eating sloppy joes she asked a little girl if she had anything on her face. The little girls simply responded, "Just a whole bunch of red dots all over." I get such a kick out of this stuff. Thanks for sharing the picture. You must hide things well cause I can't even imagine you with any "owies".

Jacqueline Auna and family said...

So funny! My mom likes to tell of a time when I was just 3 (like Elise) and I told her, "Mommy has BIG okole, Jackie has small okole, Mommy has BIG okole!" With hand motions. If you haven't already guessed, "okole" is Hawaiian for bum. Well, I certainlly don't have a small one anymore!! Bad Karma. : )

Lawson Family said...

Oh man. We have all been there! Unfortunatly, Brightynn does ask quite loudly why that boy wears earrings or that someone does have spots all over their faces...can I say awkward?!

Jaime said...

too funny Rachelle. And I love the picture along with it.

Rachel said...

Maddie once asked me if I was getting sick, because she saw a picture of herself when she was 18 months old and had an allergic reaction to amoxicillin and had hives all over....so I know how that feels!!! But I absolutely LOVE the illustration Lizzie made to go with it!!!