Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Slackers

Of all my posts...this is one I really hope my Dad doesn't read. He'd be so ashamed of us. Our check engine light has been on for months. We've been putting it off and putting it off and never got around to having it looked at. If we'd been in Utah my Dad would have had a look and advised us long ago. Of course we were due.... but the irony of having it happen on the way home from the airport after picking up Aaron's parents is just too much. Their plane landed at about 10, but Aaron didn't get home until after 2 in the morning. Aaron's parents claimed to have enjoyed the chance to walk around for awhile and see the city from a distance. Of course...their just nice that way. Kudos to the nice tow truck driver for dropping off Aaron's parents, taking Aaron and the car to a repair shop, and then taking Aaron home again off the clock. While Aaron was at the repair shop (it is also a gas station which explains why it was open until 2 in the morning) there were 2 nice people that offered him a ride home. Isn't it good to be reminded that there are just plain old nice people still out there in the world. Anyway Dad in case you DID read this....we got it fixed and I (almost) promise that it won't happen when we pick you up from the airport in a few weeks.

5 comments:

Kim and Ken Carlile said...

I'm a slacker about stuff like that too! You always mean to do it, but don't until it's too late!

The Goodrich's said...

Ughh-car problems are the worst and seem to drain your savings the quickest! Ours was on last month but it had also been on for at least a month (we told your dad it had only been on a week or so!). It's still on actually, but we did have it checked and was told it was no big deal to fix right away. So hopefully the same thing doesn't happen to us!

kaelene said...

I'm so sorry that it happened! Cars are one of those things that I wish would just take care of themselves!

kaelene said...

I'm so sorry that it happened! Cars are one of those things that I wish would just take care of themselves!

Michelle said...

oh wow! What a crazy story! I'm glad everyone is alright and the car is fixed. Gosh, what a scary thing! (it sounds like our dads could be best friends)