
Have you ever seen these signs at McDonalds that say 1 million burgers sold? (It is now closer to 13 million). Anyway it got me thinking about my major milestones as a mother. Are you ready???
1,000 peanut butter sandwiches made
We honestly have peanut butter and honey (not jam) sandwiches almost everyday. It may be that I am lazy, but really it is usually at the kids request. 7,000 diaper changes
This was hard to estimate...cause you know it's like 20 a day when they're newborns and they poop after every feeding. Eventually...it's not quite so often.
600 times reading "How Do Dinosaurs Say Goodnight?"
It was tough to decide which is the most read book in our house, but this one is way up there along with Cinderella, Clifford and any Dr. Suess.
So yes...motherhood can be somewhat monotonous, but you gotta love it.
By the way...did you know that if all the cattle that have ever laid down their lives for McDonald's were to be resurrected for a reunion, they would stand flank-by-jowl over an area larger than Greater London?
Gross. So what are your remarkable milestones?
8 comments:
I'm right there with you...I would add picking up toys to that list too. It seems like that is a job that never ends! How neat that your families have been able to visit! I would love to visit all of that historical stuff...one day!
I would add, loads of laundry done, and hugs and kisses given! By the way you are an awesome mom!
Great post! Today I actually asked myself, "I wonder if it's okay that Carter only eats PB and Honey sandwhiches." Honestly! That's all he eats and like your kids, that's all he requests. Sometimes I wonder how many times I've heard, "Mom, what's that?" and how many times I've said, "I don't know." !!!!!! Good times. :)
I love this post. Sad thing is, My title would probably be 1,000 hot dogs. I wish Lydia would eat a Peanut Butter sandwich. She won't eat bread. Today I was complaining about how many times I've cleaned my kitchen. I clean it like 5 times a day. It's the one room I can't stand to have a mess.
Very clever post Rachelle. Maybe I would add hours of sleep missed and number of kisses received. P.S. You really should have Amy take som picts. She is amazing!
I loved this post! So creative and it really gets you thinking!
that is hilarious. So true! We go through so many loafs of bread from our pb&j sandwhiches.
That's amazing. As I am typing I'm listening to one of the noisy toys and I am thinking, I wonder how many times I have heard that. I don't want to count.
Post a Comment