She's a whopping 6 years old. There is so much to love about this girl. Really and truly. Here are 6 of my favorite things about Lizzy.
1. I love the way that Lizzy laughs. Especially when she is being silly... she just makes me giggle with her. 2. Compassion. Lizzy so often surprises me when I find her emotional over something that I didn't even think twice about. She watched the Goofy Movie awhile ago and was quite worried about how sad the dad was that his son didn't want to hang out with him. She assured me that she'd always want to hang out with me. We'll see...
3. I think this is somewhat abnormal for a 6 year old, but Lizzy admits it when she's been wrong. Often. She'll say... sorry, I lost my temper. I shouldn't have done that.
4. Everything is exciting to Lizzy. I love to tell her about things out there in the world because she is always interested. Whether it's history or science or even stories from my life. I know this sounds crazy since I've had a pretty boring life... but Lizzy always asks me to "tell about the time that you......"
and last...
6. She's mine. Sometimes I've wondered why God loves us so much. One day I realized that it is separate from anything we do or say..... He loves us because we are His. That's how I feel about Lizzy. I just love her... because I love her.
Happy Birthday Girl!!!
5 comments:
Wow! I can't believe she is 6! Happy Birthday to Lizzy!
What a sweet post! I especially liked #6.She really looks like a mini you! My oldest will also be turning 6 soon and it is hard to believe it some times.
What a beautiful post for a beautiful girl. Happy Birthday Lizzie!
Gosh why do your insights always make me weepy? You are just amazing yourself Rachelle! So of course your kids are too. Olivia had the best time at the party. I'm so glad they are friends, and that we are friends.
Happy belated birthday, Lizzie - I can't believe you are six now! You are a beautiful, intelligent person and we are so grateful to know you. Rachelle, you write the sweetest things. We miss you guys!
Post a Comment