
This store was busy and popular around Halloween, Valentines day... New Years, but the rest of the time, we weren't really busy. It was perfect for studying, chatting with friends and goofing around. My friends used to just come and hang out at PartyTime while I worked because it was so laid back. When it was really slow we'd break out the kareoke machine or dress up in the items in the Luau section.
* One co-worker convinced me to wear a picture of her latest love on my forehead so that she could look at him everytime she looked at me. (I wore it the whole shift too.)
* Another co-worker and I wrote a book called 101 things to do with a stick.
* I remember how as soon as the boss would leave... we'd change the station from Smooth Jazz to KISN 97.
* Sometimes we'd have balloon tying contests and I'm telling you - I can blow up a balloon and tie a ribbon on it and curl the end... pretty darn fast.
* Our most popular item was beanie babies. (does that make me sound old??)
* Sometimes Pam let us take home store items to sample.... like the cotton candy machine and we had fun parties.
* Anytime a customer didn't pick up an order of balloons, we got to take them home. We'd drop balloons off at our friends houses just for fun. I remember one time picking Aaron up from the airport with a bunch of It's a Boy!!!!! balloons.
Anyway... farewell to you ... good friend. Thank you for 3 wonderful years and wonderful memories.
To any readers of this blog.... What was your first job?? Is it a good or bad memory? Please share.
10 comments:
Rachelle, sounds fun! I wish I was as wild and crazy as you...haha. My first job was as an umpire for a tee-ball league. It was great because it was only one hour a week so didn't hamper my social life in any way!
I'm glad you are back, I've missed you, and I can't wait for most posts about Utah! Hope you're having a good time here!
My first job, Eat-a-burger, good times, and even better strawberry shakes and fry sauce. Yum.
Ahh...the good ol' PartyTime!! We had a good time, and I must say you were the funnest one to visit at work! My sister Michelle was working there when PartyTime "passed on" and got some good deals on stuff she never knew she needed! Enjoy that Sandy snow for me!!
I hope we'll be able to se you while your here. My first job was working at the airport filling the Smartcart machines with quarters. You know the carts that you get a quarter if you return them. Pretty lame but I worked with Tami and we would just talk the whole time. plus I only had to work like six hours a week.
I've missed you! : ) What a fun person you are and I loved reading about your memories and about the crazy things you did at growing up. : ) My first job was picking fish at my friend's fish camp.
That does sound like the perfect High School job! Thanks for sharing your memories. My first job was working in a snow cone shack. My favorite flavor (after trying ALL of them) was tropical punch.
First job that I got paid for was at Fast Cache Pawn shop in Logan when I was 13 years old. I made $2 per hour. I was happy but looking back now that seems illegal. Sorry to hear about Party Time.
Rachelle--
I hope you are having fun on your trip to Utah. We miss you here and Kate can't wait for Lizzy to come back and play with her.
My first job: Working at a dining hall on a college campus in the dish room--not so fun, but they hired at 15. My main job in high school was bagging groceries at Safeway. Lots of good fun memories. Sorry to hear that PartyTime closed. The Safeway where I worked is gone too--torn down a new one built instead. It sure makes me feel old.
Oh, what fun memories of us working at Partytime! Dave makes fun of me all the time for it- like how can I count Partytime as a real job?! Little does he know how strenuous it is to blow up a balloon! :) Fun times!
you crack me up. I liked catching up on your blogs today! my first paying job - besides babysitting - was mowing lawns around the neighborhood. My brother did it for 10 years then went on a mission, so I took over his customers...so weird to think about stuff like that! I'm glad you're back. I need to comment on your plane ride blog too!
Post a Comment