Thursday, January 10, 2008

No Bears Are Out Tonight




Lizzy and Andrew got flashlights for Christmas this year. Aaron had a great idea that we would go for a night hike. I got all excited and told the kids we were going on a Snipe Hunt but Aaron said we couldn't call it that since it's a girls camp thing. But whatever you call it, we hunted around to see what we could find in the dark. We hiked around the NIH campus and heard lots of animal noises, but weren't actually able to see any of them. We were hoping to get a look at the famous NIH campus fox, but no luck. We did find shiny rocks, watched the stars come out and stepped in several mud puddles. It was a blast. It reminded me of night games we used to play as kids, thus the title of my post. Good times and good memories.

1 comment:

Jacqueline Auna and family said...

I remember you telling me about this adventure. You guys are such cool parents, I love the idea of a night hike. Can we come next time? : )