Happy New Year everybody. Thanks to the Huguely's for hosting a fun new years party. The kids at the party had a great time together...playing chase, watching movies and giggling. The guys watched football and got medical advice from Dave Harper. Of course the girls found a million things to talk about including movies, our blogs, potty training and even a little politics. I tried to get all the kids to sit down for a pictures, which was of course impossible. This is missing at least 4 kids that I can think of right off, but still fun. 
I think this is a cute picture of Jenny. Michael helped me take it. By the way no one at the party actually stayed til midnight. We headed home around 9:30 and Lizzy went right to sleep. Andrew did not. We rang in the new year with my family over the webcam. It was the first time I have seen lots of them for awhile and it was really really fun. Thanks for the webcam Mom and Dad.
**************************
4. Did anyone close to you die? no
5. What countries did you visit? none
6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007? A healthy diet and a vacation with just me and Aaron.
7. What dates from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? July 2nd was the day our family moved to Maryland.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Some of the spiritual insights that I have had this year are my biggest achievements. Things that will change my life and thought process forever. And honestly, I think the fact that I have managed to keep our kids from burning the house down is a pretty big achievement.
**************************
I love the new year. It always feels fresh. I want to sit and ponder things for awhile and see where I am in life and where I'm going, but unfortunately, I can't seem to find a quiet corner in the apartment to allow this kind of reflection. Instead - I found this kind of thought provoking list on someone else's blog - so I'm borrowing it.
1. What did you do in 2007 that you’d never done before? I moved outside of Utah!!! As a result of that I've also visited several museums, historical sites, and other beautiful places in the East. I also had my first Thanksgiving and Christmas away from my home (my parents home).
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I had lots of resolutions, but only one that I could track really well and that was a goal for the # of times I would go to the temple. I completed that goal on December 27th. (Whew .... barely). Most of the others are long since forgotten. I will definitely set some more resolutions for 2008.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Lots of good friends had a baby this year. (Rachel, Carolyn, Kim, Kalleen, Tiana, Kenny and Ann, Lindsay, KRISTIN NELSON) Best of all was that my brother and his wife had their little girl Tiana sealed to them in the temple after adopting her.4. Did anyone close to you die? no
5. What countries did you visit? none
6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007? A healthy diet and a vacation with just me and Aaron.
7. What dates from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? July 2nd was the day our family moved to Maryland.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Some of the spiritual insights that I have had this year are my biggest achievements. Things that will change my life and thought process forever. And honestly, I think the fact that I have managed to keep our kids from burning the house down is a pretty big achievement.
9. What was your biggest failure? I wasted too much time.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? no
11. What was the best thing you bought? A craft book that I really love as well as several Sunfire books that I used to read when I was in middle school.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? I celebrate Andrew's behavior every time he goes to sleep without a fight. (not today - by the way)
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? The anti-mormon bloggers and reporters.
14. Where did most of your money go? rent
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Aaron finishing his last rotation, moving to Maryland, Our trip to Ocean City and Christmas in our Cabin.
16. What song will always remind you of 2007? I have quite a few - for several weeks I woke up every morning and listened to a song that Joy Gardner sings called "Thank You, Lord" I will also remember Gwen Stefani "Sweet Escapes" because Lizzy loved that song this year and also "Manamana" because that is kind of our family theme song.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer? I know that happiness is in your attitude, not your circumstances, but circumstances sure can help. Aaron's schedule has been great and I am happier with our relationship, which makes all the world happier. I am the same size as always. I never seem to lose or gain weight regardless of my bad eating habits (don't hate me) and I am poorer because we've gone more into debt, but richer in friends.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? I wish I had listened more to other people and learned from them. I wish I had thought of others more often and myself less.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Being impatient with my kids, thinking negative thoughts.
20. Did you fall in love in 2007? Yes - all over again. :)
21. What was your favorite TV program? To be honest - I have learned to HATE the TV this year.
22. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? No. I love some people more than I did last year.
23. What was the best book you read? "These is My Words" by Nancy Turner and "Covenant Hearts" by Bruce C. Hafen.
24. What was your greatest musical discovery? Aaron found a place where students can download music for free called ruckus.com. We absolutely loved it (until our computer crashed and we couldn't get it again.) I am probably supposed to list a specific song, or group, but I can't think of any.
25. What did you want and get? I wanted to end up in a two bedroom apartment instead of one.
26. What did you want and not get? A house. (not that I expected one - but I always want one.)
27. What was your favorite film of this year? Nothing stands out.
28. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I had a full day. My friend Elaine offered to babysit for me so I dropped off my kids and went shopping with Aaron's cousin Meleesa (spending my b-day money from my parents and in-laws) and that night, Aaron took me out to eat. Also it is notable that every single one of my sibling and Aaron's sibling called me to wish me Happy birthday as well as both sets of parents and several friends. I was literally on the phone from 2:30 til I left for dinner at 7:00. I turned 28.
29. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Seeing my brother get all the good things in life that he deserves would have made my life immeasurably more satisfying.
30. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007? I don't know. I shopped at Kohls for the most part.
31. What kept you sane? My gratitude journal, baths, prayers and Thursday nights (my favorite gift from Aaron).
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? no
11. What was the best thing you bought? A craft book that I really love as well as several Sunfire books that I used to read when I was in middle school.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? I celebrate Andrew's behavior every time he goes to sleep without a fight. (not today - by the way)
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? The anti-mormon bloggers and reporters.
14. Where did most of your money go? rent
16. What song will always remind you of 2007? I have quite a few - for several weeks I woke up every morning and listened to a song that Joy Gardner sings called "Thank You, Lord" I will also remember Gwen Stefani "Sweet Escapes" because Lizzy loved that song this year and also "Manamana" because that is kind of our family theme song.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer? I know that happiness is in your attitude, not your circumstances, but circumstances sure can help. Aaron's schedule has been great and I am happier with our relationship, which makes all the world happier. I am the same size as always. I never seem to lose or gain weight regardless of my bad eating habits (don't hate me) and I am poorer because we've gone more into debt, but richer in friends.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? I wish I had listened more to other people and learned from them. I wish I had thought of others more often and myself less.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Being impatient with my kids, thinking negative thoughts.
20. Did you fall in love in 2007? Yes - all over again. :)
21. What was your favorite TV program? To be honest - I have learned to HATE the TV this year.
22. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? No. I love some people more than I did last year.
23. What was the best book you read? "These is My Words" by Nancy Turner and "Covenant Hearts" by Bruce C. Hafen.
24. What was your greatest musical discovery? Aaron found a place where students can download music for free called ruckus.com. We absolutely loved it (until our computer crashed and we couldn't get it again.) I am probably supposed to list a specific song, or group, but I can't think of any.
25. What did you want and get? I wanted to end up in a two bedroom apartment instead of one.
26. What did you want and not get? A house. (not that I expected one - but I always want one.)
27. What was your favorite film of this year? Nothing stands out.
28. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I had a full day. My friend Elaine offered to babysit for me so I dropped off my kids and went shopping with Aaron's cousin Meleesa (spending my b-day money from my parents and in-laws) and that night, Aaron took me out to eat. Also it is notable that every single one of my sibling and Aaron's sibling called me to wish me Happy birthday as well as both sets of parents and several friends. I was literally on the phone from 2:30 til I left for dinner at 7:00. I turned 28.
29. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Seeing my brother get all the good things in life that he deserves would have made my life immeasurably more satisfying.
30. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007? I don't know. I shopped at Kohls for the most part.
31. What kept you sane? My gratitude journal, baths, prayers and Thursday nights (my favorite gift from Aaron).
4 comments:
I keep forgetting to tell you that I love the new look of your blog. So cute. I should sit down and answer all these questions myself. Maybe, last year will seem alot more meaningful. I don't reflect enough in my life. Your answers reflect what a kind selfless and amazing mom you are. I only wish I could be like you. Have a great 2008.
I love all your questions. It makes me miss the old college days when we would reflect like that. I need to do more of that. Happy New Year!
I love your new scrapbook-like look to your blog, plus all the great posts about your Christmas and New Year. Lizzie's pic is my new favorite!
wow, thanks for you comment and i love the stripe background on your blog
Post a Comment