Thursday, January 17, 2008

Just When You Think You Know a Guy

Aaron and I have been married for 6 years and dated for 5 years before that - so I feel like I know him pretty well. Well..... Lizzy came home from Primary this week singing a new primary song that she was learning. When she got to the second verse she asked for help remembering the words. It wasn't a really common song so I answered for both of us - "Honey - Daddy and I haven't been in primary for a long time, we can't remember the words. We'll go home and look them up in the song book." Aaron turned to me and said, "I know the words." I didn't say anything but I looked at him with my "yeah, right" look. To prove it, he sang the second verse with all the right words. I just looked at him for awhile.... very surprised. Finally he just blurted out, somewhat defensively..."What?!? I was the best singer in my whole primary." So now I find myself in the awkward position of having been married to this guy for 6 years and I didn't even know the fullness of his skills. This is my public apology for having underestimated him all this time. Here's to the best little singer in the Draper 1st ward. (I actually have no idea what his ward was called back then.)

6 comments:

Emily said...

Isn't it so fun to be married to people for so long, and still be finding out things :) I think that is what makes marriage so fun :)

Unknown said...

It was the Draper 1st ward :)

Anonymous said...

Too funny, I hate it when that happens. I like to think that our first year of marriage went so well was because there was no surprises, but in time I got one every now and then.

Tawni said...

SO cute! We love Aaron! :)

Jacqueline Auna and family said...

I love reading about you and Aaron. I think you guys are the sweetest couple! What song was it? (I don't know why I'm curious! : )

Tiana said...

Fabulous! Go Aaron