
Are there any parenting tasks that your husband can perform that you can't?? Andrew has been having real sleep troubles lately. I lay by him for 2 hours to no avail, but Aaron can come in and say some magic words and he falls asleep in 20 minutes. I am insanely jealous - after all I am his MOM. Why won't he sleep for ME??? I should be happy because it means Aaron has to put him to bed - but there are still naps and those 2-3 nights a week that Aaron is gone. Any thoughts - I could use some help - or just someone to say - hey I know what it's like to be sleep deprived. It's going to be okay. I already feel better. Thanks for letting me vent.
7 comments:
Rachelle...you are a funny duck.
Sorry I never comment on your blog, but I love it!!!
Send Andrew home to me...I'll make him go to sleep.
I know all about sleep deprivation. Just when I think Abe is in a good routine he'll have a night like last night where he wants to be rocked for an hour plus. I think it is part of being a mother, sleep deprivation for the rest of your life.
First things first, sleep deprivation skews the way you look at the world.
With that being said, I can't even begin to tell you the things that Christopher can do for the boys that they don't want me to participate, or choose not to let me help with.
But the best is, at Tucks Preschool, they have like 4 parent attend events a year, and every time, he calls and asks Christopher, get gets to go to the movies, the farms, etc. And I just get to drive Carpool :)
Dads are a novelty. They don't get to see them 24 hours a day, so any time is a good time with dad around, so therefore dads can get them to do anything! :)
Good luck, hopefully last night was a full restful night sleep!
Rachelle!
I am so excited to have found your blog! Now I can keep updated on all of the happenings of the Maryland Brown's! Thanks for your cute comment... I created my header with a digital scrapbooking program called Memory Mixer... I can give you more details if you want them. It looks and sounds like everything is going great for you guys. Keep in touch and tell Aaron hi!
Love,
Mindee and Mark
I am with you COMPLETELY with the sleep deprivation and I think that Hayden and Andrew have a LOT in common. Hayden hates sleeping and goes to bed late (when we carry his sleeping body from the floor by the door to his bed when he finally crashes) and he is up before the sun every morning...now with a new baby...I never sleep...we should talk...it might make the night go by faster. I'll think of you the next time I get up!!! Hang in there, I hear it is supposed to get better.
Lol! I love eveyone's comments. You are so funny and I'm so glad that you posted about this. I admire you and the other moms around me so much, it makes me relieved to know that we struggle with similar things!! Sleep deprivation really makes me crazy, my mom (who is a nurse) says it's actually like being drunk.
My kids are never ones to go to bed at 7pm anyway and if Elise accidently does fall asleep at 6pm - it's because she refused to sleep during the day. Then she acts like it was just a fun little nap and then she wakes up and stays up forever. And like I told you, acclimating back to DC time from the 5 hour Hawaii time change has been a pure nightmare but we're slowly getting out of our vicious cycle of sleeping way late, waking up way late...)
So sorry, I have no good advice but you're a super mom, hang in there - I'm positive this phase will pass. My goal is to get my kids sleeping by 8 this year, so if you find success please share your tips with me! Thanks for letting me vent too!
I - like many others have no advice...just comfort for you that you're not the only one that experiences this. When Mike was watching Damon last week, he would just grab his blanket and lay on the floor when he was tired for a nap. He would even do it at nap time! He would never do that for me - unless it was like 4:30 in the afternoon....You are not alone!
Post a Comment