Time for some picture overload. Aaron and I have tried to do something big and ALONE as a couple about every 5 years. We celebrated our 15th anniversary this past December and decided that it is time again to take a trip. We went in February. It was a bit chilly for the first few days we were there. Not cold, just not laying on the beach type of weather. So the first day, instead of snorkeling as we'd planned, we spent the day doing a wonderful 8 mile hike along the Napali coast. No doubt one of the most beautiful hikes I've ever done. We hiked along the coast for the first few miles and then up to a beautiful waterfall.
We loved these little (well...big) sections of bamboo along our hike. Kind of an amazing plant.
After our hike we stopped at a few different beaches. It was too cold to relax on the beach, but we got some incredible views.
Day 2 was this helicopter ride. Absolutely amazing. Except that I got super motion sick about 20 minutes in, which is especially bad in such an enclosed space and sitting thigh to thigh with a stranger... so I missed quite a bit of the views since my eyes were closed trying not to throw up. Aaron assured me though that it was incredible.
I did get some dolphin footage but will have to add it in later. I'm having technical difficulties.
The next day we spent on the beach. It warmed up nicely for us and Aaron and I both got to do some awesome snorkeling. Just right along the coast we were able to walk right in and see amazing colorful fish and eels and coral.
And sunsets....
These pictures are just to remind me that on Kauai... there are chicken everywhere!! It's crazy. Hike up the mountain to a beautiful waterfall... chickens, hanging out on the beach... chickens. Trying to sleep in at your hotel room... roosters!! They only woke me up the first morning we were there, but it was definitely weird to get used to.
The next day (what day am I on?) we went to the other end of the island to see Waimea Canyon.
We had planned to go kayaking the next day, but it had rained the night before and the river was too high to allow for kayakers... so we went to see the view of the river instead. Yep... pretty full.
The last day was church and headed home. We ate amazing food all week long. Aaron is helping me learn to like fish and I confess I had some amazing sushi, fish tacos and poke. Now we are just wondering when we will manage to get back there. Farewell Kauai... until next time!


















1 comment:
It looks so beautiful! How fun to get away together.
Post a Comment