Thursday, March 17, 2016

This Week


Lizzy turned 12 a few months ago and has loved loved loved being in young women's.  Yes, she freaked out when one of the first activities was an etiquette night (aka dating practice).    I mean she was escorted to her table by a 16 year old boy and sat at a table with Laurels and Priests.   But then later I think she decided she loved it.  Maybe that's what has been so fun about young women's.... learning that all of these scary adult sort of stuff may not be so scary after all.  Might even be fun.  She dressed up for their New Beginnings night (it was red carpet themed) and she looked beautiful!  I watched her during this event, standing up and stating her values with the rest of the young women, singing about the Savior and becoming part of this wonderful, uplifting, inspiring organization and I suddenly felt so overwhelming grateful for the help of the church in raising my kids.  We're doing the best we can, but some things we just can't teach and the experiences she's having in young women's cannot be duplicated at home.  
 I just don't want to forget Grayson at this stage.  He just makes me laugh every day.  I tell him we need a picture of those pretty flowers and he strikes a pose.  He's such a ham.  One of my favorite things lately has been when this little 2 year old sees me doing some job (taking out the garbage... etc) he'll say in his little cute voice, "you need help?"  and then he'll help me.  It's so heart breakingly cute.  
I just posted this picture from a birthday party this week because it reminds me of all the good friends we have.  I love these people and their parents.  

2 comments:

Kim and Ken Carlile said...

12?!?! We are so old.

April said...

When did Lizzy turn into this beautiful young woman? All grown up!