Sunday, November 11, 2012

Happy Birthday to Me

So we only have one picture from my birthday and this is it.  I wish it'd been better.  I would like to better show the cake that Aaron came home early from work to make me... from scratch.  Yes.  I know.  I'm a lucky gal.  The table runner in the picture was a b-day gift from my Mamma too.  So we only took one picture and the battery died.  Aaron tossed aside the camera in frustration which I didn't really understand at the time.  After a fun family dinner I found out why he showed such disdain for our camera.  Aaron has been doing some extra editing work on the side the past few months.  He made some good money and I've asked him a few times what he intended to do with it.  He refused to tell me.  But for my birthday I received something we have both been wanting for a long time and I found out where that money went.  An awesome... real life fancy schmancy SLR camera.    It's so nice and I am excited and totally intimidated all at once.  This blog might have to be victim to picture overload now.  Well.. after I figure out how to use it.  What fun.  Thanks to my awesome family and friends who made the day so special.

3 comments:

The Goodrich's said...

Happy Birthday!! What a wonderful present, I am completely jealous!!

Megan Goodrich said...

Hey, 'Chelle, I just saw a comment you made on one of my blog posts from last year...only the comment you made was only last month. Wierd, I don't know how that happened and it was lucky I even saw it. Anyway, you asked if I was going public again...the story is that my blog ran out of memory (too many pictures) so I started a new blog so that I didn't have to pay to upkeep the old one. I was private for a few weeks but it wasn't letting me add readers so I went public, and that will probably be how it stays for now. Wow, long explanation! Here's the new site: thegoodrich5.blogspot.com

-Megan

Kim and Ken Carlile said...

Happy Birthday Rachelle! I think it is a great picture, you look beautiful. What an awesome birthday present, I can't wait to see all your beautiful pictures.