It's been a few weeks since Lizzy's birthday. She left for school that morning happy and cheery, but when she got off of the school bus, she looked miserable and apparently she was. She had a fever that did not completely leave her for a full week. Every night she was in bed by 6:00 and usually had a 2-3 hour nap each day as well. She never sleeps like that... so I knew this was the real deal. It kind of put a damper on her birthday, but we managed to celebrate a bit despite the illness.
This girl amazes me. I honestly feel like she makes me a better person. She tries so hard to do what is right and it is entirely humbling to have my 6 year old 7 year old teach me in so many ways. Her compassion, her obedience and her laughter are blessings every day in my life.
Happy Birthday. We love you Lizzy.
Very big thank you's to Grandma's, Grandpa's, cousins and uncles, aunts etc. for the wonderful gifts, cards and phone calls. You made it a special day for Lizzy.
I continue in my attempt to make an attractive birthday cake and continue to fail miserably. Every year I say that I am done... it just isn't my thing... but every year I somehow end up torturing myself with it again. But Lizzy liked it. That's what matters. Right? At what age will my kids realize that Mom is not good at everything and in fact STINKS at some things? That is when this cake thing will have to stop. :)
10 comments:
I love your cake! The fact that you made it for her is the best part of it! Happy Birthday Lizzy!
I second Elaine.
p.s. Some frosting tips that I find helpful- if you are frosting a cake you have cut up (so the edges aren't harder from baking) it helps to freeze the cake for an hour or so. Also, do a "crumb layer" of frosting first. Just a thin layer of frosting to hold all of the crumbs to the cake. Then when you put down the second layer it is crumb free!
It really is a nice cake, and i bet it tasted fabulous!
Happy Birthday Lizzy, hopefully you'll be able to get rid of the sickies (if you haven't already)!
Lizzy is so beautiful! I love that first picture-
Poor little thing! She is growing up so fast! I can't believe how old she looks. Happy Birthday Lizzy! And you are much too hard on yourself...that cake is adorable!!! Way to go Mama!
The sad part is that I know those tips... Aaron's mom is a fantastic cake decorator. I totally freeze it and do the crumb coat, but somehow still doesn't turn out. It's okay though... I feel okay about my lack in this area. Andrews B-day cake actually turned out better... so I am improving. :)
I Love your cake too! And in my book Thumbs up! I haven't been able to get into that yet. Hopefully someday!
I'm like you say NO Good at it! Your better then me!
Good to hear shes feeling better though!
The cake is awesome! Happy Birthday to Lizzy. I can't believe you are mom to a 7 year old!
I think that cake looks GREAT! What are you talking about!?
My kids are yelling at the computer, "Happy birthday Lizzy." and "she looks so different." We all love your cake. Just so you know, I swear myself off cake making every time I make one too.
Awww my little Lizzy is all grown up! I love periodically checking in on you guys; miss you bunches Browns!
Post a Comment