I love this my boy so so much.
Today he came into the kitchen crying. When I asked him why... he said that he was sad because he thought he heard me crying. I hadn't been crying and I tried to reassure him, but he continued to cry... telling me that it makes him so sad to hear me cry.
It is little moments like this that just make me want to wrap him up and hold him so tight.... and not let him grow up.
But then...
The growing up part is fun too. I was thinking of a few things that Andrew has experienced this past year.
* Andrew has discovered a passion for dinosaurs and has an incredible memory. He remembers the name for some prehistoric frog that I still can't even say.
* Andrew started preschool this year. He knows his alphabet and is just starting to sound out simple words.
* Andrew started "big kid" primary this year and loves to say the prayers and give talks.
* Andrew has decided that he loves *ALL* sports.
* Andrew wants to be a Dad when he grows up. I think that is awesome. He also wants to be a doctor. This is the part that cracks me up. When I asked him why he wants to be a doctor he said, "Because I like to rest a lot". Aaron has been working a lot of night shifts lately... and then he comes home and sleeps all day. I guess all that Andrew sees is a Dad that just gets to rest a lot.
* Andrew has learned the joy of a good joke. Once he finds one that he likes... he'll tell it over and over and over and over...... and over.
Enough of this... I just love my boy.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANDREW!!
p.s. I made Andrew's birthday cake myself and was pretty happy with it. Especially since cake decorating has not proved to be a talent of mine in the past.

3 comments:
Good job on the cake, Chelle. It looks great! Good pictures too, Lizzy looks so cute with one tooth missing.
That is an awesome cake! Happy Birthday to Andrew.
Great cake!
Post a Comment