Sunday, October 11, 2009

Reflections on This Past Month

I'm grateful that being pregnant and then delivering a baby hurts and is HARD work....
it reminds me that nothing worthwhile comes easily.

I'm grateful that Sam needs me to feed him every few hours....
it forces me to sit down, relax and hold my baby throughout the day.

I'm grateful that while I was upstairs helping one child, another child broke a favorite piece of furniture......
it reminds me that people matter and THINGS do NOT.

I'm grateful that as I get more kids and they get older, my life keeps getting busier....
it helps me to enjoy a lazy Saturday morning that much more.

I'm grateful that many people brought meals, watched my kids and cleaned my home even when I insisted that "I was fine"....
it reminds me that I can't do this alone.

I'm grateful that no matter how many parenting books I read, sometimes I still can't figure out how to help my children.....
it helps me to get on my knees more often.

I'm grateful that my kids have messy faces, misbehave and pick their noses in public....
it keeps me from being arrogant or from judging other people's kids.

I'm grateful that I simply don't have time to do everything I would like....
it helps me to determine what is REALLY important.

Mostly I'm grateful for this gift I've been given and hope I can learn everything I'm supposed to.

12 comments:

Wright's said...

Rachelle you always have a way of putting everything I feel into words. Thanks. Your such a good mom and have such good insight. I've learned so much from you over the last few years. I'm glad we're friends.

Cameron/Melissa said...

Isn't it a lot harder to have three kids? and yet they are so much fun.

Lawson Family said...

What a great post! It really puts it into persepective on what really matters in life! Thanks!

Elaine said...

Rachelle--you have such a good way of putting thoughts into words in a beautiful way! Thanks for the perspective!

Jessica Marie said...

I couldn't agree with you more!! It's great to read your posts - I'm one kid behind you but Haven is four weeks old today. Thanks for helping me to keep my perspective right. :)

melanie33 said...

love this post and amen to it all!

Kim and Ken Carlile said...

All things very true. I should have a more positive attitude!

jax said...

What a great post! Thanks Rachelle!

Unknown said...

Thanks for this beautiful reminder about what's important. You are an amazing woman!

Sarah said...

Beautiful! Love every single one! (And just cracked up reading your sidebar about the things your kids have said...hilarious!)

Jacqueline Auna and family said...

You are so insightful and perceptive. Thank you for your uplifting words!

Mamu Lou said...

You have just given me something I dearly needed. A reminder to keep things in the right perspective. Thanks.