Sunday, September 20, 2009

Vistors from Hawaii!!!

Sam was born on a Friday and by Monday I was so overwhelmed... I didn't think I'd survive. That's when our visitors arrived. Normally I'd want to avoid seeing people at such an emotionally volatile time... but these guys are different. Kaelene walked in the door and asked me how I was and I started to cry. I couldn't have asked for a better person to sit there and tell me everything I needed to hear. Like how it's hard for everyone and it gets better and it's okay if your house is messy and you forgo making dinner for a year. Thank you so much. The kids were so happy to play together for a few hours. So.... could you guys strongly consider Texas for your residency. I'm serious. Please?!?

Kiara, Lizzy, Maka, Andrew.


9 comments:

Emily said...

Let me reiterate that little babies change your family, I was grateful that Eli came when it was winter, so we had an excuse to stay inside, away from the germs, and get used to having a new member of the family. It takes time for everyone to adjust, and all the hard work, sleepless nights, do get better over time!
Your family is so lucky to have you as their matriarch, what a good woman you are!

Rachel said...

Oh Rachelle! Life when the third one comes throws life upside down for awhile. That is okay. You will pile on the Mommy guilt but you shouldn't. The first three months seemed to be the hardest, but slowly you will find your groove and you WILL sleep again! I PROMISE! :) Hang in there...you will make it. You are an incredible Mom. Call me if you want someone to tell you that when you don't feel like you are!

Scott and Heather said...

Oh! I'm so insanely jealous to see all the kids together without getting to be there! I have been thinking about all of you so much since reading of Sam's arrival and missing our time together here in DC and then to know the Harrison's and Brown's were all together without us makes me so happy for you, but sad for us. I don't know when the next time we'll get together will be, but it will be far too long. The kids are growing so fast! Thank Heaven's we have blogs to keep up with them by!

Jacqueline Auna and family said...

What a great post - both you and Kaelene are amazing! I want to be like you guys. : ) So happy (and envious like Heather) that you guys were reunited. I love the pictures of all your kids together! They have grown up so much - they are ALL so tall and Kiara's so tan!

jax said...

Everyone needs a friend like that...especially moms! I'm so glad they were able to help! I hope you get at least one moment to yourself each day!

jax said...

Everyone needs a friend like that...especially moms! I'm so glad they were able to help! I hope you get at least one moment to yourself each day!

Michelle said...

how fun! I'm so glad they came to visit you guys! such great friends. I love your post about all the "firsts". so fun! I can't believe Andrew is in pre-school!

Abs said...

I haven't looked at blogs for awhile, but such much congrats to you and your new little man! I almost cried reading your last few posts because I sooooo feel your pain and joy.

kaelene said...

All I can say is I love you Rachelle! I'm so glad we were able to visit and spend time with you. You are amazing, super, and the best mom I know! Thanks for letting me be the one to help you for a change:)