Monday, December 15, 2008

Fortunate Accident

Sometimes the fates conspire to save us from our own stupidity. Such was the case this morning when Aaron set his alarm clock for 4:45 PM instead of AM in order to make it to the airport for his flight to Minnesota. Someone up there must have known we needed a little push and so Lizzy came into our room to inform us in her big loud voice (she never whispers at 4:30 in the morning) that she had wet the bed. I got up and took care of it. Aaron, like most men, has the gift of selective hearing and didn't budge. I wondered briefly if he should be getting up soon and then promptly fell back asleep. Obviously, we needed one more little push, because at 5:45 Andrew let out a loud wail informing us that he, too, had wet the bed. This time Aaron nearly lept out of bed, realizing that he should have left at least a half hour ago. So thank you to whomever made my kids wet the bed and saved us from ourselves. I don't know if I will ever say that again so I'd better say it one more time. I'm thankful that my kids wet the bed. I didn't want to miss anything so I came along to snap a photo of Aaron making a mad dash.

10 comments:

Michelle said...

thats so funny...thank goodness for wetting the bed! haha! love you!

Lawson Family said...

It's funny that wetting the bed was the means of getting Aaron out of bed instead of, I don't know, the alarm clock randomly going off when it shouldn't! I guess you can't pick how you're nudged! =)

Anonymous said...

I will definately be thinking of you the next time I am changing wet bed sheets in the middle of the night. Funny picture!

Lindsay said...

I love it. That's awesome.

The Goodrich's said...

Oh boy, what a morning! I love the picture of Aaron running...I've never run through an airport before. It's something you only see in the movies.

Happy Anniversary yesterday, by the way. Hopefully you'll get to celebrate sometime this week...

Kim and Ken Carlile said...

Oh man. what a day! I've done that before to my alarm and it is SO frustrating. Glad he got off okay though!

Rachel said...

Ohhh, that is so funny!!! Seriously, that is my worst nightmare, to be late for a plane or sleep too late. How horrible! I don't think I've yet said "I'm thankful for peed beds" so you're ahead of me. :)

Unknown said...

Oh, isn't it wonderful how the Lord helps us in "interesting" ways (I think it's due to a sense of humor, I'm sure he remembers kids wetting the bed and rolling over to let Heavenly Mother take care of it, or something). I'm glad to know that you got help in unexpected ways, and you realized that's what it was. You're amazing. Love you all!

Carolyn Hanson said...

Funny post. I have a feeling you'll be laughing about this for years! Good luck with all the interviews.

Was Aaron headed to Rochester? Maybe we'll end up there together?

Mamu Lou said...

I love stories like this- you know that divine interventions happens sometimes! Drew slept through our alarm on the morning of his med school interview at the U and had to make a mad dash (didn't have time to eat or shower) to make it in time! Priceless that that is the one interview he thought he tanked and the one we ended up choosing to accept!