
I am doing a program called 8-weeks to feeling great. It is a healthy lifestyles type of program where you get points added or subtracted for doing different things that add to a healthy lifestyle. It's really been good, but I'm not sure if I can make it 8 weeks. I need chocolate. Seriously. I don't function quite right without it. Could I be an addict?
9 comments:
You sent the pregnant lady searching through her house to find anything chocolate. Are you in week one?
I would happily sit and enjoy chocolate with you! You name the date and time and I will be there!!! My name is Rachel and I am a chocolate addict. There is something about chocolate that makes me happy. I am going to have to email you my latest addiction...you can make some and can eat them since I am so far away!! They are chocolate chocolate chocolate chunk (yes that is 3 chocolates...) cookies. I am not helping you in your quest for a better lifestyle am I? I am a bad influence!!
I totally know how you feel. Justin and I are trying to eat right, exercise, etc etc. Right now I'm thinking of what I have here at home that would rid me of my sugar craving. I'm coming up with a blank though.
By the way, you got me hooked on chocolate chips!
If you like dark chocolate, I know it's better for you than milk chocolate. Maybe try that. Or is chocolate out altogehter for what you are doing? Lots of times for me, when I have a sugar craving, I eat dried mangos or dried blueberries. They are both kind of expensive, but well worth it. I get my dried mango packages from Costco. I think one package costs like 9 bucks or a bit more. But they do last me for a while. I think you can get the dried blueberries at Costco as well, but I usually buy mine at Albertsons.
You can also try the frozen yogurt place- Red Mango (you are back in Utah, right?) Have you ever been to Red Mango? they only have one in Utah, it's on Fort Union and 13th East by target and such. the frozen yogurt there is soooo yummy and they put fresh fruit on top of your choice.
A medium frozen yogurt is only 90 calories.
Okay, i've written too much. Hope those ideas help! :)
I know they're not the best substitute, but creamies are okay (ice cream under 19 carbs). That's how Jed and I have been surviving. I also got a chocolate fruit dip recipe if you'd like it. We're going through withdrawals too--seriously, I've been having crazy headaches, I think it's from not eating as much chocolate. Aaahhhh!!
Wow Chelle...way to exercise some serious self control! I would go through major withdrawals without my chocolate!...speaking of, I just finished off a giant chocolate chip cookie from Ruby River! I don't eat a lot of chocolate, but I have to squeeze in at least a handful of chocolate chips a day, or one cookie, or just something chocolatey! I love the whole "moderation" thing because I feel like I can justify eating a treat now and then if I balance out everything else. Way to go!! You can make it!...but just don't make chocolate your enemy! It does wonders for our emotional health!!
chocolate.....mmmmmmm
Yeah-I really don't know if I could do that. Just thinking about it...wow! Impressive!
Way to go Rachelle! Good luck on that. I know you have the will power to do it! (I wish I did:))
Post a Comment