Monday, August 4, 2008

10 years ago....

This Friday night I pretended that I was a senior in highschool. Our highschool reunion was so much fun and I laughed so hard that I cried. I can't remember the last time I did that. (Actually I can....but that's a story for another time). I really felt like I was in highschool again if just for one night. Infact it was kind of wierd how much it was the same:

10 YEARS AGO
I had to call my parents to let them know I'd be late.
I tried to call Aaron and get him to come hang out since I was crazy about him.
We went to Earl's house to hang out and his Mom made us cookies.
We were rowdy and obnoxious at the restaurant.
We went to Denny's where Evan ordered a meal and Tawni had a chocolate shake.
We talked about our crushes.
We talked about how great it'd be to get away to college.

LAST FRIDAY NIGHT
I had to call the babysitter (thanks Nancy) to tell her I'd be late getting the kids.
I tried to call Aaron all night since he was out of town and I missed him like crazy.
We went to Earl's house to hang out and his Mom made us cookies.
We were rowdy and obnoxious at the restaurant but at least we knew it and left a nice tip for our waiter.
We went to Denny's where Evan ordered a meal and Tawni had a chocolate shake.
We talked about our crushes back then and our kids today.
We talked about how much fun we had back in highschool.
Jake and Michelle who won a prize that night for having the newest baby. (3 weeks)
Kenny won an award for coming the furthest for the reunion (Virginia) and Evan won an award (from me) for saying the word "sex" more than anyone that night.
Alex and Jen who have the oldest kids of us all and who didn't remember anything that we did in highschool. Also Jen wins for being such a good sport with all of our "remember when" stories and for laughing instead of crying when Evan spilled a container of syrup down her hair/face/clothes.
Tawni who I can't say anything else about except that she was my bestest friend back then and is still my bestest friend. (Always and Forever Tawni or as some might say 637.)Earl and Rachel who put up with it every single time that we have to tell the "car accident" story again.
It really was a great night. I was missing Aaron, Rachel and Lindsay and wished you'd all made it. Thanks for being the greatest friends then... and now.

10 comments:

Lindsay said...

Completely Jealous. Looks like a ton of fun. I think the saddest thing for me is I missed a once in every 10 year chance to see everyone together. Oh well. Such is life I guess. At least in 10 more years maybe all of our husbands will have the kind of jobs that allow them to have Friday nights off, right?

Rachel said...

I am completely jealous too! Darn it all! We could always plan a St. George reunion too?!HAHAHA! We will definitely have to plan a get together when I come up. I would LOVE to see you all. I was so sad Friday night. Sure I went and got a book at midnight but all night I kept thinking of you guys and wishing I was there. We are GOING to be there for the 15 year!

Rachel said...

by the way...thanks for posting pictures!!! :)

kaelene said...

Sounds like it was a great reunion! I'm glad you guys are loving being back in Utah. We miss you tons, and hope you have a great week. I'll give you a call later so that the kids can do a webcam call. Keep smiling!

melanie33 said...

Rachelle- you should also add, "10 years ago I LOOKED EXACTLY THE SAME." Because you do. And I think that is awesome. and I am willing to bet lots of those high school friends wished they could say the same. I know I do!

Tawni said...

It WAS a great night!!! And what a great post! I love how you compared then to now- I was laughing so hard realizing how well they parralled each other. Somethings never change! :) And I was laughing so hard recalling Denny's. What fun! It was great to be together!

Kim and Ken Carlile said...

Sounds like an amazingly fun time. Just reading through your comments and seeing Tawni's sparked a memory of her spitting ice out of the side of her mouth and getting it in the cup...so funny. I was sad to have missed, but such is life, huH?

Kenny said...

Ahh, good times, good times indeed. It was great to see everyone again. Winning that Snickers bar for coming the furthest distance to the reunion was a very proud moment in my life.

Jill said...

That was great to see pics of the reunion. I, myself, couldn't make it because we ended up going on vacation instead (which I will post about l8r). I have been wanting to see/hear about the reunion since NO one I talk to was able to go! I loved your then and now. It was hilarious.

Kathy said...

Cute pictures! I wish I would have had more of a chance to catch up with you. The whole night seemed a little crazy to me, but it was a lot of fun.