Sunday, December 2, 2007

Little Blessings


Andrew has been having difficulty sleeping lately. He's started throwing fits about bedtime and naptime and waking up in the night and waking up really early. I hope it won't last long because he has always been a GREAT sleeper. Anyway, he woke up quite early this morning and I was really tired. He's been kind of sick lately too, so I really hoped he'd sleep longer. Anyway - before I went into his room I quickly prayed that I'd find a way to help him go back to sleep. I picked him up and took him into the living room. I turned off the lights and lay down on the couch. I sat him on the couch beside me and amazingly he just sat there. A few minutes later he said "blankie" so I went and got him his blanket. We then sat there for awhile longer and then he said "night-night". Here's the amazing part - he then got up, went into his room and climbed into his crib all by himself and went back to sleep. If that isn't a miracle - I don't know what is. Sleeping kids really are some of the best little blessings.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

That is amazing! I could only dream that Damon would ever do that! What a great little boy. Thank goodness for answered prayers. You are such a great mom.

Jacqueline Auna and family said...

Wow, that really is a miracle - hey, could you pray for my kids too? : ) Such a great post - your kids will learn of the power of prayer because you recognized and recorded it. You are an example to me! love & aloha.

Unknown said...

You are just one of those people that has amazing faith. I wouldn't have even thought of praying, I would just put in a movie and hate myself later for it. Sorry I haven't made a post about Jared yet, hopefully I will get to it, life is crazy right now as you can imagine.

Tiana said...

Ahh yes, there is nothing more wonderful then a peacefully sleeping child. I actually have both sleeping right at this moment. I should go do something to celebrate, like take a nap.

You have such cute kids. They are so sweet, and I know it is because you guys are such wonderful parents. Truly.