Monday, November 19, 2007

Christmas Memories

I am starting to get a little bit homesick as the holidays approach. Although I am so excited for Christmas this year and looking forward to kind of a different celebration with our little family - I am a little sad to be missing out on the celebration with mine and Aaron's family. I was surprised this morning to find myself crying while listening to some Christmas song on the radio. Here are the top 10 things I will miss this year.

#10 A white Christmas. Okay it's possible it could snow here.... right?

#9 Extended family parties with the Browns and the Goodrich's. Chaotic - yes but we love them.
#8 Acting out the nativity - twice. Once with each family.


#7 Singing Christmas songs around the piano. I love the two part "Stars That Twinkle and Shine" and of course the hymns. Camille and I also do Barry Manilow's "Jingle Bells" and "Baby It's Cold Outside".


#6 The top of the stairs in our pajamas photo. In this one we had to get back in our pajamas later in the day, just to get the photo.





#5 Doing the Christmas wiggle with my siblings. (Don't ask - I couldn't explain it)


#4 Candlelight Christmas Eve dinner. We have an assortment of all of the yummiest food we can think of.


#3 Cousins playing together.




#2 Being able to see people open the gifts we give them.
#1 That warm fuzzy feeling that comes when you are in a crowded room with people you love. (I'll still be with people I love, it just won't be so crowded.)

3 comments:

Wright's said...

You make Christmas sound so good. I've been dreading all the shopping, stress, and mess of Christmas. Things were so much funner when I was the kid not the mom. Of course I would only be remebering the good stuff if I knew I couldn't come home either. We'll miss you at our Santa party and will be sure to bring you some chocolates.

Michelle said...

Rachelle - I might need to steal your top 10 list and put the same idea on my blog. What sweet memories you have! It is definitely hard to be away...I'll be right there with ya girl. Love ya!

Rachelle said...

Michelle,
Please do. I'll look forward to reading your list.