Monday, November 26, 2007

Christmas is for Children

We purchased a small artificial tree for Christmas this year. The kids were so excited. They ran around the store from one Christmas item to the next jumping up and down. We have a family tradition where each person gets to pick a new ornament each year. Lizzy picked a Tinkerbell ornament and Andrew picked a package with a variety of Sesame Street characters (including Elmo). The morning after we'd set up the tree Andrew woke up at 5:30 - happy and excited as can be. I told him it was too early to be up and tried to put him back in his bed, but he began kicking and squirming to get out of his bedroom and into the living room - all the while hollering "Missmus Tee!!, Missmuss Tee!!, Elmo!!!!!, Elmo!!!!"



I also am putting up a picture of our Thanksgiving even though it probably looks pretty lame. It was a pretty mellow year but we had fun relaxing. It was also a record for the quickest Thanksgiving meal I've had. We sat down to eat at 1:00 and by 2:15, the kids were in bed for naps and the dishes were all cleaned up and put away. I hope you all had a wonderful celebration.



3 comments:

Wright's said...

Wow, is that king crab legs! I want to come to your Thanksgiving next year. Your tree looks gorgeous. Andrew is getting so big and grown up. Merry Christmas!

Jacqueline Auna and family said...

I want your tree! It's very classy, with the white lights and everything. It's not small at all! Mine is two feet tall...

Carolyn Hanson said...

Good blog. Love the crab legs! And yes, I was consumed by the Twilight series this summer. You're right, not the most intellectually stimulating, but fascinating in their own way! In fact, a few months back on my blog, I posted about the Twilight series and even posted a 'video' I found on youtube. Maybe wait until you're reading the third book (which I'm sure will be very soon!)before you watch the video. You'll have to let me know what you think of them. I loved them and can't wait for the fourth one next fall! And yes, These Is My Words is sitting on my shelf waiting to be read. We're actually going to read it for one of the book clubs in the spring. I'm very excited. I've heard rave reviews all around. I'll let you know what I think! Happy Holidays, Rachelle!