Thursday, September 27, 2018

Birthday and then some Ordinary Days

 This little tyke turned 5.  It's been strange.  I know, I know, all kids start small and get big and that's just how life goes, but I can't accept Grayson getting bigger.  He'll always be my little snuggler.  He is such a joy in our house.  He is loving. Just really loving and wants to be love, and it's so simple for him and that's a good reminder for me.  He wants to snuggle, read books with me, cook with me and I'm loving my special time with him.  

He had a simple bu fun birthday celebration.  


This has been a real treat since Andrew and Lizzy have become old enough to go to the temple.  Although it's hard to see my kids grow up it is fun to realize that there is some compensation.  There are more things we can do together and more special experiences we can share, that we couldn't when they were littler.  

Surprise visit from my high school/college best friend.  She randomly called on Easter and said, "hello, we are in Mukilteo, you don't by chance live anywhere near there do you?"  Haha.  She and her family came and shared Easter dinner with us.  It was wonderful to catch up.  I can't get over how blessed I was to have her and many other wonderful friends help me through high school.  
Andrew... scouting.

And although we've done amazing trips and enjoyed wonderful adventures together some of my favorite memories will be these types of things.  Just an afternoon playing in the mud.


Oh boy.  Here's April Fools day.  Andrew and Sam got up in the middle of the night.  In the morning we found random things written in toothpaste, clothes taped to the walls and other random surprises.  Those boys crack me up.


Easter





Crazy hair day.

Picnic

This was fun to go to Kennewick and see our friends, the Strongs, perform in their school play of "Lion King".  We had a blast with them.

 Grayson got a fun hat that he decided to wear to preschool one day.  As we were walking into class, I noticed one of these flossers on the ground.  A few steps later, I saw another.  As I looked back I saw that there was a little trail of them along the sidewalk.  I couldn't imagine why someone would bring those things to preschool.  Grayson was acting funny.  As I studied Grayson closer I had a thought come to mind.  I quickly took off his hat, to find the remainder of the flossers hidden up inside his hat.  I laughed so hard I almost cried.  I still am not sure why he brought them.  Trying to do a magic trick?  Not sure, but it sure made my day great.


Yes.  Successfully completed every puzzle in the house.

Making little ramps in front of the house is a fun past time for the kids.  

Weekday picnic with my buddy.  Love these moments.


No comments: