Friday, June 10, 2016

Ordinary Days

 These picture are dedicated to Lizzy because she nagged us all over and over to go skating until we all finally did and guess what... she was right... we did love it.  






 This happened over memorial day weekend.  We had planned a camping trip but as it grew nearer we had to admit defeat since it was supposed to rain all weekend.   So instead... we landed at Great Wolf Lodge.  Super fun weekend.  

 I did that thing where you order caterpillars in the mail and you watch them go through the stage and then eventually release them.  My kids were all like... Mom... we did this in Kindergarten.... (eye roll) but I've never done it and I loved it!

 Camano island.  After digging up crabs under the rocks, we had a bit of a driftwood fort building contest.  My team won.  Just sayin'...
 This is our cat.  Zippy.  Sort of our cat.... he is claimed by most of the neighborhood.  We sometimes go weeks without seeing him and then he'll show up at my window at night and mew til we do something about it.  I kind of like this no responsibility pet thing, plus sometimes he kills a mouse.  

 Fun run 2016.  

 Wallace Falls.  

 Seriously!  This was amazing.  
 I'm painting.  It's taken over my life this past week.  
My poor child is super sensitive to mosquito bites.  It's so sad.  He got it from Aaron.  Poor baby looks so miserable.  Don't worry... he's all good now.

Can I just say that I love this time of year.  Only 3 1/2 days of school left.  The excitement in the air is tangible.  I can remember that feeling of being so close to freedom that you were about to burst.  I don't know if my kids are more excited or I am.  I have a lot of projects I want to get done this summer (more painting...) but I'm trying to remind myself that this time will be gone so quickly.   I intend to fully enjoy our summer!

No comments: