8 is a big deal around here. We believe in our church that 8 years old is the age at which a child has had enough experience in life to know right from wrong. At 8 years a child is old enough to make the decision to follow Christ and be baptized. I'm so proud of Andrew for making the decision to be baptized. He didn't take it lightly either. He made a point of learning the covenants he would be making and then I watched as he underlined them in his scriptures a few days after he'd been baptized. He sincerely wants to do right and for that I am so grateful. We're so thankful for family that traveled a long way to be here to celebrate this special day with us. And to lots of good friends, many who are not of our faith, who also came to share their love and support. We love you all.
Andrew was baptized by Aaron and then confirmed by his Grandpa Brown, whom he was named after. What a fantastic day.
At 8 I also let the kids have a bigger party than usual, so Andrew picked a Harry Potter birthday party which I got pretty excited about cause who doesn't love Harry Potter???
I made this quick capes out of plastic tableclothes. Super easy.
Lizzy was a great sport and dressed up to play a few different parts. Here she is telling fortunes for the kids as Professor Trelawney. She was also Mr. Ollivander, the owner of the wand shop.
The kids loved quidditch most of all I think.
Here we are in the great hall enjoying some magical color changing drinks and pizza.
We had fun with the sorting hat. I put one end of a baby monitor inside the hat and Aaron went upstairs to talk into the other end. The kids thought it was so fun. Amazingly they all got put into Gryffindor and only one child objected. I didn't know that Luna Lovegood was in Ravenclaw. Whoops.
Yep. He got a body suit for his birthday. It's what he wanted more than anything. Freaky weird when he is suddenly standing behind you and you didn't notice.
Happy birthday my wonderful, energetic, happy, kind hearted boy.
No comments:
Post a Comment