Tuesday, October 2, 2012

The Commandments

In primary last month, I was teaching about the 10 commandments.  On the last week of the month I decided to do an activity that required each child to write down a commandment they had kept or seen someone else keep in the last month.  Most kids got it.  They wrote, "When my Mom asked me to clean my room... I obeyed,"  or "My friend found some money but returned it to the right owner."  But a few decided it was a time for confessions.  Here are my favorites from the activity:

"I took a chocolate coverd strawberry."

"Yesterday I took two carrots."

"I turned on the fire place for santa clase." 

I'm not sure if that last one was breaking or keeping a commandment.  I guess we'd have to ask Santa.  Oh I love my primary kiddos.  :)

1 comment:

Matt and Camille Tanner said...

That's pretty funny. I love being in Primary for all the awesome things kids think up. Hilarious.