"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel."
— Maya Angelou
Occasionally I run across a quote that seems to shift my perspective entirely. Something that, for whatever reason, strikes a chord and resonates with me. This quote is that to me. I found this quote several months back and wrote it down and lived in it's glow for a week or two, but then we left on vacation and it left my mind. We had a wonderful vacation, but there was a continual nagging that I had left something behind and forgotten something essential. When I got home and found this quote again where I had written it, I felt refreshed again as my picture of who I want to be came into focus once more. Having this quote on my mind helps me to speak more gently, be more thoughtful, sacrifice more time and love more fully. I need this reminder.
As a quote collector... I would love to know... what quote inspires, motivates or "puts things into focus" for you?
7 comments:
Such a great quote. Thanks for sharing. :) And that is a cute picture of you and your kids.
A few of my favorite quotes that I have written down are...
"Come what may and love it." Elder Wirthlin
"Yours is a terrible burden. Bear it well." Pres. Hinckley
"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing." Helen Keller.
"How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in your life you will have been all of these." George Washington Carver
That is a really good quote. My favorite quote that I try to live by I heard in an Institute class. "Remember that the family you form is by far more important than the family that you come from." Jim Trelease
So true. Adorable picture. We miss you guys!
I love that too, and the picture.
I read this last week and have been thinking about it ever since:
"Our family-centered perspective should make Latter-day Saints strive to be the best parents in the world. It should give us enormous respect for our children, who truly are our spiritual siblings, and it should cause us to devote whatever time is necessary to strengthen our families. Indeed, nothing is more critically connected to happiness—both our own and that of our children—than how well we love and support one another within the family." Sorry, it's long, mostly I loved the part about our children being our spiritual siblings.
We loved seeing you and are missing you already! Good luck with back to school!!
Thanks for sharing that quote. I really like your picture too!
I LOVE that picture! Just the picture is completely inspiring as well. I also love that quote! I wish I had some good ones to share as I love to collect quotes as well, but I lost my old quote book that had some really good ones in it. It kills me! So keep the quotes a comin' so I can replenish! ;)
Rachelle that is one of my VERY FAVORITE quotes that I have written down!
A quote that I have here on my desk that I used for YW a few weeks ago that I really love is "Valuable diamonds shine better against dark backgrounds" by John Bytheway.
I also love this picture of you and your kids. And on a lighter note...I am loving the antler being drug along by them!!
Post a Comment