Monday, November 29, 2010

Feast


 Both Lizzy and Andrew asked for a turkey leg.  Since there was such a small group of us, it was easy to provide.  It was fun to watch them gnawing away at it.

Happy Thanksgiving.  We've had a great break.  Aaron was able to have a full 5 days off in a row and it has been heavenly.  Aaron's parents have been here with us and we have truly enjoyed having family with us this holiday season. 

So this year was the first time that I actually planned and prepared a Thanksgiving feast and I had a blast.  Must admit... that it is really a lot of work.  I'm glad my MIL was here or I never could have pulled it off.  But when all is said and done I was pretty proud of how it all turned out.  Not because I expect anyone to care, but because someday I'd like to look back and remember our meal this year:
Turkey (of course)
Ham
Homemade stuffing (the only thing that I didn't love... maybe need a different recipe)
Potatoes and gravy
Homemade rolls with the BEST honeybutter
Jello salad
Yams
Vegetables in a Cloud
Veggie tray
Pumpkin Pie
Razelberry pie
Mini chocolate pie



Sam's favorite was... the pie. 
Thanksgiving day ended with a re-showing of Lizzy's school Thanksgiving play.. costume and everything. With a little extra help. Simple. Wonderful day.

4 comments:

The Goodrich's said...

Good job on your feast. I have no idea how to make any of that! Pretty sad.

Glad you had some family with you on Thanksgiving and I love the picture of Sam enjoying the pie!

Elaine said...

Sounds wonderful! Though I have to ask: What are vegetables in a cloud and razzleberry pie?

Michelle said...

so cute! is that your house?! I'm so jealous!

your kids are so fun

Brandi Schall said...

I want to know what vegetables in a cloud are too :) You are awesome Rachelle! Good job on making a feast! I did T-day dinner with my MIL, too, but it was WAY scaled back since she and I are not ambitious in the kitchen at all. I was happy it was all edible. And one day I will blog about it. Anyway, I'm glad you had a perfectly amazing Thanksgiving. I love Lizzy's pilgrim costume, btw :) Tell her and Andrew hi from the Schall clan.