I have been putting off this post because I've been avoiding the whole sadness thing that goes along with it. I don't like to be weepy and to wallow in self-pity, but I think it may do me some good to at last admit that I am really sad about our move this time. Our previous out of state move was nothing but an adventure. A year was so short and fun, but this feels so much more permanent... and long... and lonely.
But here's the thing. As I was saying goodbye to people that I love, I decided that it was a very good thing to be sad. Imagine if we'd lived in Utah for all those years and not been sad to leave it behind. Now that would really be sad. So instead of listing everything I miss... I'm going to list a bunch of things that I love and am so grateful to have been able to love. Because to love.. and to be loved.... is really, in the end... all that matters.
I love that my kids have been able to have relationships with their wonderful cousins and hope that they will stay close to them even across the country.
I love our good friends and neighbors (and kick myself for not taking more pictures of my girlfriends that I love so much.)
I love my family and Aaron's family. So so much. I love family vacations. I love laughing together and going on trips together. And talking and joking and playing and celebrating holidays. I love camping, slip n' slidin' and Grandma's to cuddle my babies. I love backyard BBQ's, watching each others kids, sitting around a campfire or standing around the kitchen table. I love that there is so much to love.
I love our old church building and the good friends we made there.
And last, but not least, I love the mountains, the canyons, the beautiful sights that are really unique to Utah. Isn't it so awesome to have such great recreation only minutes away in Utah? Dinner and movie can be relaxing as well, but I have learned that it does not rejuvenate and refresh the same way that nature can. I love love love nature.
And I love the new opportunity that we have to find new things to love here in our Texas.
Lots of love,
Rachelle
7 comments:
So excited for your new adventure!! Hope you settle in quickly, and find many more things to love at your new home.
So excited for your new adventure!! Hope you settle in quickly, and find many more things to love at your new home.
And we love you. A lot. And we miss you. A lot. We look forward to seeing you...whenever that is!
What a great post Rachelle. Very well said. I'm sure if and when the time comes to leave Texas in a few years you will reflect back and feel sadness in moving from there because you will have made so many new friends. The more places you go the more people you meet and the more friends you have. Hope you get to come back often for visits. I certainly haven't had to move much but I've always thought about life in general that we ought to try hard to "love where you're at." Time of life, circumstances, they all change. Change is the one constant we can count on. Having said that, family is everything and it is always a blessing to be close to them. And for sure they miss you as much as you miss them. You're amazing!
We love and miss you! I'm glad I've got so many things to keep me busy, I could bare loose you any other time. Good luck getting adjusted.
We love and miss you too. I'm glad that I'm busy and don't get to think about it much, especially when Lydia talks about her dear friend Lizzy. I hope that you get adjusted and find as much happiness as you did here. hopefully we'll see you sooner than later.
oops, did I just leave two comments? If I did you can erase one.
Post a Comment