In other news....
Aaron got free tickets to the ballet and took Lizzy for a little Daddy/daughter outing. Her list of "what I want to be when I grow up" has now expanded to include a scuba diver, teacher, ballerina and nurse. She also told me a few weeks ago that she can't wait to be a Mom. When I asked her why she said, "I just like to be in charge of people."
Me: Oh honey... do you feel yucky?
Andrew: (Nods "yes" between sobs.)
Me: Can you tell me where you feel yucky?
Andrew: (Nods "yes" between sobs.)
Me: Where? (I'm looking for an aching body part here.)
Andrew: In my room.
Har har har... that kid cracks me up.
Last but not least, Aaron had a birthday and finally caught up to my 29 years. Among other gifts, he received a meat thermometer. Now he will never have to worry again about me undercooking our pork. Isn't science amazing?? Lizzy practiced and played "Happy Birthday" on the piano for him and the kids decided to buy him his favorite chips, which I now have to hide so that they don't eat them all while he's in class. I do have to say that in addition to all of Aaron's fine qualities... he sure is a good sport.
Happy Birthday, Aaron. We love you.
7 comments:
Happy Birthday Aaron~
Hope little Andrew gets feeling better soon.
That's hard on him, and his pregnant mama...
I love that Lizzy wants to grow up and be a mom so she can be in charge of people. Smart girl!
Lizzy told me about the ballet when they were over. She sounded really thrilled that she got to go with her Dad. I'm glad Aaron had a happy birthday. Funny about the chips--what a nice present!
Heidi said she read Phantom so she would know more about it when they go to Hale Theater...you'll have to ask her if she liked it or not.
And Happy Birthday Aaron! A meat thermometer? How funny!
Your kids' comments were so hillarious! Sarah definitely wants to grow up to be in charge of people too! David got a meat thermometer in his stocking for Christmas one year--definitely a good present!
Ooooo, Phantom!!! Luckyyyyyyyyyyyyy!
Happy Birthday Aaron! It is about time you turned 29! HAHA!
Get better Andrew! That is never easy! :)
Post a Comment