Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Good Manners or..... a Horse?!?

I'm trying to get Andrew to say "please" when he asks for something. Sometimes it feels like I'm beating my head against a wall.

Andrew: I wanna cookie.

Me: (smiling sweetly) What?

Andrew: (a little louder) I wanna cookie.

Me: What?

Andrew: (very loudly) I wanna cookie.

Me: What?

Andrew: I wanna cccc-uuu-kkkk-eeee. (slowly emphasizing each sound.)

Me: What are you forgetting?

Andrew: (Begins to frantically look around.) Oh....... my horse.

Me: (Loud sigh and a hidden grin:))

Andrew: (After retrieving the missing horse and quickly running back.)
I wanna cookie.

10 comments:

Matt and Camille Tanner said...

Ummmm...I laughed for at least a full minute, by myself, and that is definitely saying something (we all know it is harder to laugh alone). Andrew is such a little booger, but a cute booger. In fact, I would pick him for sure.

Michelle said...

okay, that's hilarious. I am, also, laughing out loud. oh, my horse...haha! that is adorable!

melanie33 said...

lol... that is funny. You have some great quotes from your kids.

Heidi & Derek said...

That is hilarious!! I love it!

By the way...we really don't have a life--all we ever do is work and school!

Lawson Family said...

First things first, right? Must have the horse! So funny!

Jessica Marie said...

lol!!!!!!!!!!

Rachel said...

How cute is that! I am so glad you write those things down...I need to be better about that!

Kim and Ken Carlile said...

That made me laugh out loud. How stinking funny.

jax said...

I love this! I'm so glad you think to post these things! We love reading about them!

Unknown said...

I had tears, that was hilarious!