#1 Sewing. After watching me sew (or attempt to sew) one afternoon, Lizzy decided that she wanted to try. I think it may turn out nicely with a few more lessons.
#2 Soccer. Despite clothing at least a few sizes too big Lizzy got out there on the field and played her best. As it turned out I think that her uniform may have fit better than any of the other kids.
#4 Digging for dinosaur bones. Okay... you are thinking... all kids love that. It doesn't count for anything special. But I'm telling you that Lizzy was terrified of dinosaurs... even their bones. She started crying while we were waiting in the line to go inside the museum and I felt like the worst Mom in the world FORCING her to go inside (and kind of embarrassed because her 2-year old brother kept chiming in... I wanna see dinosaurs. I not scared.) But eventually she calmed down and realized that they wouldn't EAT her. After that she decided it was pretty okay and playing in sand can never be a bad thing.
A secret, hidden, never-spoken-of part of me hoped that she would need me so much that she would cry for me to stay with her. But the wiser, better, and besides I-don't want-to-hang-out-at-preschool-all-day part of me is so glad that she is adjusting to all of these changes. I hope that she keeps loving it everyday and keeps trying out new things.
10 comments:
I can't believe she is in preschool. I am so glad that she is loving it. That makes it even better, doesn't it! And I think she sews better than I do!
I love your last paragraph about wanting to be needed as the mom but at the same time being happy that your kids are growing up. It always feels that way to me too. Way to go Lizzy for trying new things. Sarah had a huge fascination and fear of volcanoes when she was little and when she was 4 years old we took her to Hawaii. While we were there we went to a beach that had volcanic rock. She asked us about the rocks, so we told them they came from lava from volcanoes and she started screaming and crying and freaking out. We tried to calm her down by telling her that it had happened a long time ago and they were just rocks now, but it took her a while before she would trust us. We laughed at the situation too wondering if we were such bad parents to insist our child come with us on a beach in Hawaii--a trip of a lifetime for us!
Isn't it so fun to watch your kids grow and love new things. I love seeing my kids turn into real people and not just a kid I take care of. I am getting so excited for you to move closer so we can do more together.
wow, her sewing looks a lot like mine... it's hard to believe i came from the mother i did, i know.
How quickly kids grow and experience life, huh? That's great that she has been more adventurous and tried somethinng new!
Lizzy's such a pretty girl! I love the pictures you posted. I'm glad you guys have had a good summer.
I have to say may favorite one was the sewing! Lindsay saw me making something about a month ago and asked for some material to sew-- her's turned out exactly like Lizzy's! It must be the age, or maybe the mom's sewing ability (for our own sake, we will assume the first of the two)!!
How cute. I loved the sewing. She looks adorable. I also agree with your last paragraph. It is like when your child is crying and you are sad they are crying but inside you glow a little because all they want is you.
I love the picture of her sewing. That is so cute. What a great idea.
Congratulations Lizzy! Trying new things is so much fun, but sometimes a little scary. I'm glad you are enjoying preschool so much. Rachelle, I can't believe how much they are growing up, both of them. Lizzy looks so cute in her school outfit, and Andrew is definitely adorable in a baseball cap. I wish I could get Maka to keep one on. Anyways, I'm glad things are going so great!
Post a Comment