DON'T BUY ANY ONION RINGS.
And if you do order onion rings.... make sure that they make them fresh instead of grabbing some from under the heating lamp and dipping them back in the grease to warm them up.
DO: LET YOUR KIDS DO THE HANDS ON FARMING THING because it is cool and also may instill in your children a deep appreciation for all of those who labor to produce the food we eat.

DON'T PUT YOUR 4 YEAR OLD IN CHARGE OF TAKING THE PICTURES.
BUT DO GO SEE THE ART WORK done by local artists and especially the artwork by the 4-11 yr. age group.
DON'T GET ROPED INTO MAKING AN EXPENSIVE IMPULSE PURCHASE like a boat or a hot tub.

BUT DO SPLURGE ON A SNOW CONE since it's the cheapest thing around and kids think that blue tongues are the COOLEST!
And lastly DO GO SEE THE ANIMALS.... but
DON'T GET TOO CLOSE..... because sometimes they sneeze and blow snot all over you.
11 comments:
Looks like fun. We didn't do the Hands-on Farmer thing but it looked like it would have been fun. I do have to say...you totally missed out on the all-you-can eat ice cream!
Fun post! This time of year always makes me in the mood for the fair!
That looks like a lot of fun. Is it here this weekend too or is it over? I guess I could look it up. We should get together sometime. And where are you guys living now?
I heart the state fair!!!
A perfect list for us all to remember, but I must add, do go see the bunnies. (for some reason, they are always my favorite!)
Good memories and good times!
thanks for the advice... i will make sure i steer clear from the hot tub salesmen. i must say, i do love the hot tub picture you chose. it looks like the lady really enjoys her hot tub. that made me laugh.
I love that! And the pictures of you and Aaron together are beautiful! Way to go Lizzie! It looks like you had a great time!! And thanks for the heads up, we will watch out around the animals!
You always post the cutest things! Glad you guys had such a great time. We've never been (gasp!) so we'll have to check it out one of these years. :) It was fun to see Aaron, I thought "Oh, it's our Aaron- I haven't seen him forever! I'm so glad he still exists!" That means its been way too long since we've gotten together with our boys so we need to have a date night as couples! :)
Looks like a lot of fun. We haven't hit the state fair scene in a few years. Thanks for the reminder and cute post! By the way, I love your quote that you posted below. Love it!
Out here, the State Fair is HUGE! and they fry everything. We're talking deep fried oreos, snickers, twinkies, milky ways, etc. Yum!!!
Oh good! No one comment on the boogers thing. Haha! Really, Rachelle? Did the animals really blow snot all over you all? You make me laugh and this was so fun to read! Great pictures! Miss you guys!
Oh Rachelle, I laughed so hard at your last posting about Andrew!!! Our lives would be completely dull without our kids!
What a fun time at the fair!! I would also add to that "Don't get roped in to playing games that rip you off or paying $1.00 to see the World's smallest horse" I love the fair!!
Post a Comment