Monday, July 21, 2008

Memories....

1. As a comment on my blog, leave one memory that you and I had together. It doesn't matter if you knew me a little or a lot, anything you remember!

2. Next, re-post these instructions on your blog and see how many people leave a memory about you. It's actually pretty funny to see the responses. If you leave a memory about me, I'll assume you're playing the game and I'll come to your blog (if you have one) and leave one about you.

14 comments:

Matt and Camille Tanner said...

Hi Sis!
I have a lot of great memories with you, so I guess I'll choose one of the many.
I remember once when we were at Denny's and the song "Building a Mystery" came on. You decided it would be fun to "build a mystery" yourself, and so you put up one of the menus in the middle of the table and took a watch and hid it behind the menu. When we asked what you were doing, you told us, "buildling a mystery...where is the watch?" When we moved the menu, we discovered that you had put the watch straight into somebody's drink...whoops!

Okay...one more.
Remember when we were floating down the Weber river and our tube suddenly popped and we dipped down all the way into the water, "except our tounges"? Yeah...that was funny.

Anonymous said...

Hi Rachelle, I'm really horrible at remembering events clearly. Mostly I remember a muddle of sights, feelings and my impressions from that time, so it is hard to come up with just one memory. Instead, I will leave you with a description of my most vibrant memories of your family:
I remember Andrew the first time we met. How he was a bit clumsy and he talked but didn't make much sense (even you didn't always know what he was talking about) but sometimes he was so urgently trying to get his point across. I remember Lizzie, always in a dress, playing with Kiara outside the cloister in a follow-the-leader fashion, since she was older and usually came up with the rules to their games. I remember Aaron and Scott talking shop in the kitchen, while you, Kaelene and I chatted in the other room, and being able to tell that he was a really smart guy just from catching tiny tidbits of what he was saying. And I remember sharing pregnancy, birth and breastfeeding stories with you and Kaelene early on last year, and thinking it was so great to have two experienced moms to grill about every little thing I didn't know. I was amazed that you kept such a close family with the stresses of being a mother of two young children, a med student's wife, living on a tight budget, yet still managing to do fun stuff on the weekends and making great memories with one another.

Jessica Marie said...

Hey! You added the memories thing! :)

It's funny that you mentioned the English class thing - I remember that too! What were you voted most likely to do?

I think my memories with you are of choir - we were in Chamber Choir together weren't we? If not, I apologize for my senility. I'm getting old. Anyway, I'm glad you and Aaron ended up getting married! You have a super cute family - I think your kids are really lucky.

The Goodrich's said...

My first Christmas Eve at your mom and dads- we were all sitting in the computer room and you made us all put sticky notes on our foreheads. You never gave a reason why but then we all had to smile for a picture!

You're always getting us to do silly things like that-we probably would have no fun if you weren't around...

Jacqueline Auna and family said...

I'm so glad that you are doing this bc I've been missing you and Kaelene but haven't had the chance to write due to our move to Silver Spring.

I have a bunch of fun memories of you but I will always remember you as the girl that read a book a day!

I remember you were so fun at Elijah's b-day pool party... The kids followed you around like a pack, and I wished I could be as fun and playful of a mom. I like how someone already said life would be boring w/o you - it's true!

My other favorite times with you was the time I called you to be my navigator when I got lost on the way to Erika's apt for the first time and you were really nice and patient. And then the other time was when we went to Erika's play and laughed and laughed with Chris and Terry and then had all those deep doctrine conversations on the way home driving past all the monuments in DC bc that's what the GPS told us to do. I appreciate you for sharing what you know and your faith.

You are so knowledgeable and fun. I admire how in the moment you are and all your good ideas! (Sorry such a long one!) Love you guys!

Kim and Ken Carlile said...

So many memories..The freezer game, our secret face (which Abe loves by the way), Jocelyn, making me drink water out of a bowl like a dog so that you'd help me out with something, pretending to not be ready when Tawni came..VERY LATE...to pick us up, putting Carl's Jr sandwiches in the oven and pretending we'd cooked them, you letting me sleep over (even though you were newlyweds) and cooking me shells and white cheddar when I was having a TERRIBLE day, fishing and using red vines as bait....to many good memories to count...

Jill said...

Who can ever forget "Wah-Ching" by Jichelle? We took the video camera and walked around the neighborhood to the stake center being extremely silly and always incorporating Wayne's World.

BTW I still have that on VHS! Good times, good times.

Rachel said...

We have been friends for what seems like forever. You have always been such a great friend to me. My favorite memory of us was singing to Barry in your bedroom. And the best talks in Linus or the Purple Cow. Or watching the boys completely toilet paper and toothpaste my house and we sat and watched...so we wouldn't wake my parents up. The dances, hanging out at Party Time, and your parents being so nice to take in a bunch of crazy teenagers almost every weekend! Not to get too sappy, but you have been a great friend to me. And I am so lucky that it has lasted for so long. That we have been able to keep in touch no matter where life takes us. I am so lucky to have you as a friend! You are the best!

Earl & Girls said...

I am so grateful for when you watched Nadya while I was in school. You really saved me during that time.
I also remember spending the night at your place in Logan while Earl and I were dating. It's fun to get together with you guys.

Annette said...

I won't elaborate & embarrass you, but I always grin when I look at that photo of The Prez and Mrs. Bush. You crack me up!! (that's my best at keeping it on the dl!!) Miss you guys :(

Tawni said...

Memories, well where do I start? Definitely listening to Mandy in the dark in your room, doing the history project in middle school where we used Ken and Barbie to reinact JFK, you making me purple cows, driving in Little Linus, "working" at Partytime, first time meeting Aaron in Jordan's parking lot while we were looking at Buffalo Hunter, sunrise hikes with Lindsay, the List, USU, great weekends with our awesome friends where you had to decide what we were going to do :), dances, putting the boys pictures on our foreheads and serenading each other, being geeks, chocolate milkshakes at Denny's, EFY up at Ricks, hanging out at your house all the time, wow there are too many memories to count!!! Thanks for always being such an amazing friend!!!

The Nelson Family Smorgasbord said...

*Our walks through the dirt path all the way to Smith's, sometimes stopping by at Round Table Pizza and Paradise Yogurt!...I think we made it to "99 bottles of pop on the wall" about 99 TIMES! :-)
*Rock Star on the trampoline ("One O'clock, Two O'clock, Three O'clock Rock!) our "condo" at the swingset!, and playing restaurant in my basement using the airhockey as our serving table.
*Tridell and Vernal trips with the Goodrich family!...that's a million memories alone!
*Our sleepover book and tape-the Fashion Show, steaming our faces, our famous hair shampoo-styling, and of course, "The Tale of the Black Cat!"...remember we even listened to that in college and it STILL freaked us out!! :-D
*An awesome time in Germany with my best friend!....the proof lies on the attic walls of the mission home!
*stuck in traffic for 7 HOURS on our way back up to school!!...remember they had us detour through a neighborhood that took forever!...we were so bored we started playing the "radio game" where we would say "Okay, the first song I turn to will be the lyrics of how Aaron feels about me right now!"...sometimes it took a few takes before we found the perfect song to match the desires of our heart!
*My surprise "Aufwiedersehen" party!...I remember I was jealous that you were playing with Erin Doane (was that her last name?)...and you were coming over to get my cookie recipe so you two could make them together, but then you asked for me to come over and show you how. What a fun surprise!
*Our flour fights while making cookies!
*Our reading "club" which consisted of you and me!...remember reading "Sweet Valley Twins" up in the playhouse and we read the word, "pelvis" and thought it was a bad word and were afraid to ask anybody what it meant, but we finally asked my mom who so kindly explained to us the true meaning of the word (while I'm sure she was chuckling on the inside the whole time!)
*Sleeping out on the tramp!
*Women at the Well...what a neat experience that was!
*"Music Man" at Park Lane...(Mr. Shoell just recently retired..isn't that crazy?)

The Nelson Family Smorgasbord said...

...and of course, Sunday afternoons at the Holladay Care Center...remember our funny cheerleader Ruth Bassett? What a hoot!!

kaelene said...

I love this post! That's one thing about you, you always have the most brilliant, creative, and fun ideas. Although I've only know you for the past year, it was one of the best years of my life! I will never forget all the fun things we did together, with the kids and with our families. Some highlights that stand out in my mind are: preschool and your creative projects that Kiara always loved, and being so patient with her when she would say that every letter was the letter K, trips to the zoo and pushing the strollers back up the hill after playing at the pizza play area, dozens of play dates, especially the creek park. One that really stands out was one of the first play dates we planned together to go to cabin John creek park, but we didn't know where it was for sure. So after getting lost we just stopped on the side of the road and hiked back into the woods and across the creek, but then I slipped and fell in with Kiara and broke my shoe! That was so much fun, but you must have thought I was the weirdest person ever! There are so many things I remember, but most of all the wonderful discussions we had about anything and everything under the sun, and what a great friend you are!